What's new

Touchless Paper Towel Dispensers (1 Viewer)

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan

Oh, I didn't realize you were supposed to stick your hand in there... :b

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
yes, but only that style of urinal. in my school, most of the men's rooms have a large wall with about 6 of those mounted side by side, with no privacy walls in between. you may as well be pissing into a hole in the floor. kind of embarassing when you are right next to professors you are about to see later in the day. how much can those little metal urinal-walls cost?

CJ

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
I don't find it embarassing. Heck, people have to go and if that's all that's available, what's embarassing about it? It's not like you're looking at each other.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Most of the men's rooms I've ever seen are like that. If you're shy, you use a stall.

And I can't believe some of the germ-o-phobes in here.

I hope you never touch any of the doors to get in and out of public buildings, or use the silverware at a restaurant, or touch anything in a retail store, or grip the handle of a grocery cart, or sit in a uncovered seat in a movie theater, or handle cash money....etc...etc. Germs are found more places than restrooms, believe me.

Given that most restrooms are regularly cleaned with harsh disinfectant chemicals, I'd think as a rule they're generally less germ laden than most of what you touch in any other public area.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan

I think we all realize that.

Do you not wash your hands after using the restroom? If you do, then following your own logic you would also be washing your hands every time you handle money, shopping carts, door handles, etc. If not, you're just like us!

;)

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
My workplace just install one of these automatic paper towel dispensers and I keep thinking it has something to do with the American Disability Act.

Well, at least your bosses don't take work into the stalls and later hand them to you as assignments. :angry:

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
'

Maybe it's a subliminal message about the type of assignments they are. :)

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Hughes
I wonder how Howard Hughes would have turned out if they had these things back in his day...:)

Drew Bethel

Screenwriter

This is quite commom in the UK...

As for the ass gaskets...I don't trust em cause they're too thin and can slip and slide. When I walk into the loo I grab three or four hand towels, dampen them with water and spray some soap on them. I then carefully clean the toilet bowl especially the front tip where your johnson may come into contact. I also pay close attention to the rear cause that's where all the ass crumbs are left behind. Finally, I take a big healthy wad of toilet paper to dry the seat, sit down, and pull out some lovely reading material. :D

PS. I wish they had those automatic faucets for homes..I'd consider getting one.

Joe S

Second Unit
Glad to see I am not the only germophobe around.
I avoid touching the door handle using a paper towel. One of
the morning radio DJs was addressing this very subject about a week ago.
Sure, there are germs everywhere, but you've got to consider how many guys don't wash their hands before leaving.

I think I invented the splashpad when I was 8, can't stand that cold water splashing back, and with a public or shared toilet-Yuck. My mom used to complain that I used too much toilet paper, never did explain why. She would have told everyone anyway.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I work for the state of New York and these have been installed in ALL the public restrooms throughout the vast state office complex.

I just figure that the day will come when all the batteries in the dispensers will all die...on the very same day...leaving a wet-handed world without access to paper towels. :D

LewB

Screenwriter

That is what happens in my workplace. Seems the men's restroom in my building gets more use than the average one elsewhere (just a coincidence, I assure you). As such, the paper towel dispensers seem to run out of paper and battery power frequently. Battery operated urinal and toilet flushers were installed a while ago (dubbed EZ-Piss). They also seem to bite the dust prematurely, causing some rather gross sights.
As for the whole germ discussion, I've seen enough stories done about the fact that it's practically impossible to catch something from a toilet seat. As a matter of fact, we need to be exposed to a few germs to keep our immune system in top shape.

Joey Skinner

Second Unit

Here is an interesting article about the use of antibacterial soaps that states exactly what LewB says.

You shouldn't be too paranoid about germs; just use good hygiene and you'll be OK. If germ freaks knew how many germs were on everything they would all turn into Howard Hughes. I heard the other day that the average office telephone has as many germs on it as a toilet seat!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

My point exactly. Why be obsessive about everything in restrooms when there are a lot worse infestations awaiting you in places you wouldn't think twice about touching.

Drew Bethel

Screenwriter
I keep an alcohol-based hand sanitizer at my desk (excuse me for a sec...pump...pump) that I use throughout the day. I realise that hand sanitizers are not nearly as effective as washing with soap and water but I get lazy sometimes.

I'm aware of everything I touch...phones, doors, elevator buttons, computer mouse, keyboard, pens to sign for credit card purchases, trollies, lunch tables, microwave doors ect. And yes, even the faucet handles. Maybe I need help :D

We have a sign on our front door: "Welcome, please remember to wash your hands and remove your shoes." Most people follow the rules and a few have to be reminded.

Having said all of this I do believe in part that it's not always the germs but the terrain, i.e. if you live a healthy lifestyle the body will easily deal with most germs.

Ravi K

Supporting Actor
The restrooms in Heathrow Airport in London had something I had never seen in the US. It dispensed a continuous loop of fabric to dry your hands on. It was probably constantly damp, so I used the electric dryer instead. Are these things common in the UK?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

They used to have those in the U.S. in the sixties (I think it was the 60s. Maybe the 70s.)

Nasty things.

EDIT** THey looked something like this?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks