What's new

Touching Evil (USA Network) (1 Viewer)

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
The show is on tonight. Read my review again (or now if you haven't), read the Nytimes article, or just sit back and wait fro tonight's premiere of the show.

Be Seeing you,
David Blackwell

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
I watched it and thought it was excellent . Definatly gonna keep watching

capt

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
It was great. My recollections of the British production have faded considerably but I think I liked this version even more. In part that may be due to seeing the pilot setup episode since I don't recall viewing the first episode on the British one.

SarahG

Second Unit
Wow..I really really liked this show. Creegan is a great lead character and the chemistry between him and the woman (Farminga) I thought added a lot. Not only that, but I really enjoyed the music throughout the whole show. To me it captured a lot of what was going on. Definately going to be tuning in again next week.....does anyone know if it repeats..I want my friend to watch it so he can be caught up to watch Friday night with me...

Bob_Bo

Agent

Sarah, looks like it airs again on Wednesday, March 17th at 1:30 AM EST and again at 10 PM. Also showing on Friday the 19th at 6 PM.

SarahG

Second Unit
Thanks Bob...thats from the official site right...

Looking forward to the next one: "Y ME" I was digging around trying to find out what it might be one..but the episode guide just says it will be up "after" the show..so thats more complete details..guess I will check the TVGuide or something

Michael Hughes

Second Unit
Since I have not point of reference from the original UK version, I have to evaluate solely based on this USA version.

I liked it a lot, and think that the series has a lot of potential.

A compelling conflicted lead character, whos got elements of Vick Mackey, Grissom and Twin Peaks all rolled into one.

Creigen sounds a lot like Jerry Seinfeld to me.

Michael Hughes

Second Unit

Not saying he is, just saying his voice reminds me of him, thats all.

This weeks ep was another solid outing.
This is a good show, hope it can stick around.

Evan M

Second Unit
"Watch the pole" :emoji_thumbsup:

I'll be tuning in. I've watched the last two weeks and thoroughly enjoyed it. Creegan is a great lead character and pulls off the borderline insane bit pretty well, IMHO.

SarahG

Second Unit

As do I..and all in all like. The second episode was interesting while sad as well for the woman in the end.....i am glad Cyril is in the show..i think he adds something interesting to the mix.

I have been talking to a few who ARE familiar with the british version AND they said they as well are enjoying the remake.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I still feel Cyril doesn't fit in the mix. I wouldn't miss him if his character was dropped from the show

Be Seeing You,
David Blackwell

SarahG

Second Unit

Really..I find that interesting..what it is that you do not think fits?

I must say at first I thought that he was part of Creegans mind..but then when he was interacting with others realized he was 'real'

Why I think he ads to the mix is by adding a dimension to Creegan's personality and allowing us to 'know' him better

Michael Hughes

Second Unit

I like Him and think he could be a decent sidebar, but should not be overused in each ep. SOrt of like the brainiac conspiracy guys in the X-Files.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I feel Cyril doesn't fit in because I liked the way they approached Creegan in the original UK series as a guy who is obsessed that he really not lets anyone in that much and seems to be the type who doesn't really hang with anyone (except for when he goes to see his daughters) when he's not working. Creegan only gets involved with someone on a personal level when he feels a need to fill in a gap, but he is also the one who is likely to push people away if someone close is threatened or killed.

So in a way, I think Creegan is better as an isolated person when off work and not hanging with anyone (especially Cyril).

Be Seeing You,
David Blackwell

SarahG

Second Unit
AH..ok. i See what you are saying....and now understand where you come from. I also agree with Mike that if Cyril took an X-Files conspiracy type roll that it would be best...

So David..from what I read..Cyril was not in the original???

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks