What's new

Touching Evil (USA Network) (1 Viewer)

SarahG

Second Unit
Touching Evil is a new show coming out on USA in March. I just watched the promo over at the site (don't ask me how I got there...ok ok, fine, its cause I am obssessed with all their Law and Order reruns!!!)

Anyways, wanted to see if others had heard about this show...looked around and did not see a thread on it.

Here is the site with the promo:

http://www.usanetwork.com/series/touchingevil/

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
Occasional Touching Evil episodes have run on PBS for a couple of years. I wonder if the "New Episodes" mean new to the USA network (IOW, old episodes) or are truly new.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
The USA show is a remake of the UK show. bruce willis (his production comapny is behind the US remake) did ask the star of the original UK show (Robson Green) to reprise his role as Creegan for the US version, but Robson declined because he said it felt like it would be like going back to school (and Robson has his own production company with some projects filiming in the area where he grew up like the Wire In the Blood series).

Be Seeing You,
David Blackwell

SarahG

Second Unit
Oh really..thanks for that info. I did not know that the original star was asked to be in it. From what I have seen of the new lead...Creegan...being a girl I must admit, I think he looks rather attractive as well as mysterious. Did you like the UK version?

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
Yes, I liked the UK version. It is available on VHS (all three seasons) and the third season is available on DVD (I wonder when season 1 and 2 will be put out on DVD).

The characters do develop through the series. IFor example, something that happens in the first story of season 2 is followed up on in the final story of season 2. They don't drop their characters. They ride with it as to how something affects a character in the next story and even the one beyond that. the UK original of TOUCHING EVIL is great, but I think Robson green does an even better job as Dr. Tony Hill in the WIRE IN THE BLOOD series (the first two stories of season 1 are available in the uS on DVD with the final story of season 1 to follow in middle of march on DVD, and season 2 just aired on BBC America).

Be Seeing You,
David Blackwell

Jasmine Meathe

Stunt Coordinator
I had no idea that 1) bruce willis had a production company and 2) the original star was asked to be in the new version.

I've seen commercials for the show and it looks kind of interesting.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I have seen the pilot today and I will have a review of it sometime next week (at the earliest) up at my site.

Be Seeing You,
David Blackwell

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I guess it leans heavily into X files territory. I just wish Dead Zone was back already.

SarahG

Second Unit
Oooh..glad to finally see some reviews on this..I must admit, I was beginning to wonder since it starts next week. After reading your review..went back to the official site, and noticed that it is now live.

I am also really glad to see that you say it compares well with the british version..that was something i was interested in..thanks!

AND

Wow..really...CSI is one of my favs now, so this really is really really great to hear!

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
Of course, there has been some great Friday crime dramas on Friday in the last couple of years (ROBBERY HOMICIDE DIVISON and the MIA (but probably soon to be cancelled) THE HANDLER), but they have been short-lived. In the end, I went with the CSI ref.

Be Seeing You,
David Blackwell

SarahG

Second Unit

Gottcha

well of all of them..IMO CSI is the best comment.

I was also glad to hear that you say it lives up to its predcessor becuase some others on another board were worried about that, so that makes me happy. thanks again..

Jasmine Meathe

Stunt Coordinator
That official site is pretty cool. I enjoyed reading the overview.

I can't wait till they get that downloads section up and running.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks