What's new

Pre-Order Touch of Evil (1958) (4k UHD) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
Reviews of the 4k version are good but mention of the white lines carried over from the Universal blu ray (no full restoration), which I hadn't recalled being an issue before. Checked my blu ray, the white lines are prominent on the restored version (when Janet Leigh is dropped off by the taxi, 33 minutes) but absent on the preview (my choice) and theatrical versions. The restored version also looks less sharp than the other two. Have ordered my 4k disc but don't expect it for a few weeks.

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
Yeah the US site is scrubbed of this title but no the UK site. Thanks for the lead. Better price than Amazon UK. I have seen the open matte version since the days of the laserdisc so that was of course only the theatrical version.

Keep in mind that all prices on Amazon UK include VAT, which is only applicable to UK customers. That charge will be deducted at checkout for international customers.

The Amazon UK listing for Touch of Evil says £11.98. When I put it in my Basket and proceed to checkout with a US address, that goes down to £10.60. However, their shipping to my address is pretty expensive at $13.07 USD, bringing the total to $27.61 USD.

Zavvi's listings do not include VAT. That charge gets added during checkout for UK customers, but not to US customers. The list price on Zavvi is higher at £12.99 GBP, but their shipping is less expensive. When I go to the final page of checkout, it shows me a grand total of $25.65 (and yes, it's letting me check out with payment in USD). Overall, the prices are fairly comparable, but Zavvi is a couple dollars cheaper.

During the height of the pandemic, Amazon UK stopped all shipping to the US for a while. I guess that's over now and they're back to normal operations.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks