Totem Line (Arro,Sttaff, Hawk)

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by AlanZ, Sep 9, 2004.

1. AlanZ

AlanZ Screenwriter

I'm trying to help a friend of mine with some ideas for a speaker purchase, and I'm trying to find out about Totems. From what I can tell, there are two issues here: First, you need to have some pretty nice electronics to properly run these things, or else you run the risk of them sounding like crap. He really likes my Outlaw monoblocks, but seems like those may not really cut it with these speakers. Second, does ANYONE use the Totems for HT? I know they have the dreamcatcher line, but he's more interested in the floorstanders. Every professional and consumer review I've read on them is limited to music.....barely a mention of HT.

I tried to contact Totem for help in locating a retailer, but they are apparently on vacation until the 15th. Anyone here have any input?

2. Drew_W

Drew_W Screenwriter

They do make a couple center channels based on (and named after) similar bookshelf models. And of course you can use a small bookshelf for surrounds.

Now, as to what you want to use to power them, you need to experiment. And within the Totem line as well. And well, outside of Totem too. The more auditioning the better.