Totem and 7.1 and 2 channel....

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by AVspec, Feb 12, 2004.

1. AVspec

AVspec Supporting Actor

Mark
    If you could get Totem speakers for a very, very, very, good price which ones would you get to provide a great 2-channel and 7.1 channel system?

2. Joe Casey

Joe Casey Stunt Coordinator

Forests for 2-channel and the mains in a 7.1 setup. If 2-channel is less of a priority, Hawks could be used as the mains.

PS: How much for a pair of Forests? [​IMG]

3. Scott_N

Scott_N Second Unit

Well I would go with Wind's for my mains and for the CC I would go with the Model 1 center, for the side rears I would go with a pair of Lynks, the back rears I would go with a pair of Model 1's and for a subwoofer the Thunder. I would choose the mahogany finish for all the speakers.

4. AVspec

AVspec Supporting Actor

Mark
    Good stuff guys. Scott, I listened to the Winds today and I was blown away!!! And this was with no sub. But it was all McIntosh gear including a big @$$ amp so that may have something to do with it. I would be using QSC solid state Pro amps so I would really like to get them home to demo, but I do like your match up of speakers Scott for the rest of the 7.1 system and I might just go for it.

I have dual SVS subs so I would not be going with the Totem sub. Pictures of my current setup can be seen on my website and I would love feedback on if it would be a big step up from my JBL's....

5. Scott_N

Scott_N Second Unit

Mark

You have a very nice HT from the pictures on your website. I think the Totem's would be a step up in HT and a big step up as far as 2-channel music goes. If you do go with the Wind's you might think about a 2-channel preamp with HT bypass if you are serious about 2-channel music.

6. AVspec

AVspec Supporting Actor

Mark
    Thanks Scott.

I believe my Pre/Pro has a nice 2-channel preamp section with full by-pass capability.

I am going to try and get at least the Winds and the Model 1 center home to audition out the front sound stage and if I am impressed I will just go ahead and get the other speakers.