What's new

Totally dissapointed with Lasersedge. :( (1 Viewer)

Sanjay Gupta

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sanjay Gupta
My email to Lasersedge, reproduced below, explains the cause of my aggravation.

I placed my order on 7/21/2003 with the anticipation that there was enough time for my order to be shipped and delivered to me by the 1st of August. Since I am travelling overseas on the 2nd of August and the DVDs ordered, are for me to take with me, they would be of no use to me if not delivered by then. Considering the fact that you now have 9 of 17 titles in my order, listed as 'back ordered' and also that today is the 25th and there has been no progress in the status of my order so far, it seems highly unlikely now that I will be getting my shipment in time. What I fail to understand is why the back ordered status of these titles is not clearly reflected on your site, which as a matter of fact even now continues to list these titles as "Usually ships in 1 - 3 days". All this means that not only will you not be able to fulfill my order, but you have not even left me with enough time to place the order elsewhere.

I find your methods of doing business highly unprofessional and misleading. If you do not have stocks of particular titles then you must clearly state so, rather than mislead people into ordering with you. I have been buying Laser Discs and DVDs from several vendors online and over the phone for over a decade and have never had to face such a situation before. This is my first experience with Lasersedge and I am sorry to say will probably also be my last.

I would appreciate it if at the least you could inform me of what is the status regarding shipment of titles that you do have in stock.

Sincerely,
Sanjay

PS: I have been a long standing member of the Home Theater Forum and considering that you are one of their official sponsors, makes this an even more dissapointing experience.
Needless to say Lasersedge shall not be getting my business in the future.

Sanjay
Member since 1997

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Nice letter! Let them have it!

You are not alone in the frustration, and other sites have been caught doing this too, but that does not make it a good business practice.

I would send them another email and tell them that you would like what they are holding for you to be sent out today, via overnight express (at their expense), and cancel the remainder of your order.

If you send that out before they get to work on Friday morning maybe they can ship it out on the 25th.

Glenn

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I like Laser's Edge, and given DVD Planet's current practice of appearing to have fired all of their CSRs (i.e., no one ever answers the phone), it's about the only on-line site I still use.

BUT, I agree, that the in-stock status indicator on their website is pathetic. I always order by phone, and so can make sure something's in stock before I buy it, but it still irritates me that I can't see it on their website (and for those who actually place orders on-line, I don't see how you can order from them). There's a title I've been wanting that they've listed as usually ships 1-3 days for months now, but everytime I check by phone, it's out of stock.

Like I said, for a phone customer like me, this is a minor irritation. But for on-line orderers (I imagine the majority of their customers) it seems like a deal-killer.

Sanjay Gupta

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sanjay Gupta
Since I have posted my displeasure with Lasersedge here it is only right that I also post the follow up to the situation here.
Today, and might I add quite promptly, I got a response from Lasersedge regarding my complaint. The response from them, posted below, in my opinion is quite satisfactory. I still feel though that they need to address the innaccurate 'In Stock' and/or 'Shipping Estimate' status as depicted on their site.

Sir

I am sorry to hear of your disappointment in your buying experience. We hope to have the balance of your order in stock today or Monday. The DVD Audio titles must be sourced directly from WEA Music and unfortunately
they are a little slow in delivering their product. I would be happy to Overnite you the product we have today or Monday so you have the discs in time for your trip. There would be no additional shipping charge for this
service, it would be the same price as UPS GROUND. The only title I forsee any problem with is "Larisa Stow: Moment By Moment" that comes from another studio and they were possibly out of it. The others should be no
problem.

Let me know what you would like to do, you can reach me directly at
[email protected]

Sincerely

Marc Daege
Glenn, it seems they read your mind on the 'Overnight shipping'. ;)

Sanjay
Member since 1997

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I made a pre-order purchase from this company. The DVD was not in stock on release day & they can't provide me with a shipping date. I'm puzzled as to why this Forum is associated with a company that performs so badly.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
I've been ordering from LE for quite awhile now and, in general, have been more than satisfied with their service. My e-mails get answered promptly and completely and the very few issues I had also got resolved immediately.

Jeff, I don't know what happened with your order but it sounds like the studio or distributor is at fault here. Nearly every pre-order I've ever had with them shows up the Friday or Saturday before release date. You might try calling them via the phone # listed on the web. The people who answer the phone are very knowledgable and will give you a straight answer. The only downside is that you have to call during normal retail hours to get a knowledgable person.

Good luck!

Steve

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Steve, I'm not the only person who is having a problem with them. Do I detect an emerging pattern?

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
If there is an emerging pattern then yes, it should be addressed. Is there another thread with the problems? The last post right before yours was almost 4 years old. Maybe I'm lucky, but most of my experiences with them have been pain free. Regardless of my experiences though, I sincerely hope they do right by you and get the situation straightened out.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks