What's new

Total Recall : Special Ed. -- -- New Packaging?? (1 Viewer)

Stan T

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know if the Basic Instinct SE is the unrated version. I called Walmart & they have the Basic Instinct SE in the normal keepcase packaging however they only have the R rated version.

I pulled up the Best Buy flyer online & it showed the Basic Instinct SE in the normal keepcase but it said the R rated version. I'm trying to find out if they have re-released the unrated version in a regular keepcase.

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
I don't know the answer to your question, but in general, I wouldn't look for unrated stuff at Wal*Mart. I got Pitch Black R-rated-version there and opened and watched it before I learned that everywhere else was selling an unrated version.

Stan T

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone know any place in San Diego, CA to pick up the Basic Instinct SE unrated DVD in the normal keepcase packaging? I've been waiting to get this one but was waiting for the normal keepcase packaging.

Justin Doring

Screenwriter
I'd also like to know of any store that has the Unrated Director's Cut of Basic Instinct in a keep case. Thanks!

Randy B A

Supporting Actor
Stan and justin, I have only seen the "R" rated version in the keep case, and that was at wall mart in san diego. they also had the total recall non baboon's ass.

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter

Don't feel suckered. The whole Pitch Black unrated scam was just a marketing ploy. There is no objectional material found in the unrated version (such as violence or nudity, etc.), just a few additional scenes. Since the MPAA requires a re-submittion to aprove the changes, the studio just decided not to re-submit it and to release it "unrated" to attract more sales.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
I love the BA version, but in future reference it would probably have been a good idea to make the "stand" part of the Recall packaging out of plastic rather than cardboard.
Other than that I thought it was a great idea for the SE.
And then bozos like Trace can always "fix" it later. ;) It's the best of both worlds.

Jeff Bamberger

Second Unit
Just in case (ha, no pun intended)anyone doesn't know what a Baboon's Ass looks like, I figured I ought to throw a pic up:
Link Removed

Trace Downing

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trace Downing
And then bozos like Trace can always "fix" it later.
You really didn't think I'd let this pass did you? My company buys a lot of equipment, and documentation from Lucent Technologies. I see enough "flaming assholes" at work, thank you very much.:D
If you love BA so much Seth, why don't you post a new sig with a picture of you kissing it? ;)

Larry P

Stunt Coordinator
Okay, but what I really want to know is why Are Baboon's asses bare and red like that?

Justin Doring

Screenwriter
"Okay, but what I really want to know is why Are Baboon's asses bare and red like that?"

They get spanked by monkeys too often?

Seth T

Stunt Coordinator
Just picked it up at BB for $14.95, and it had the extra slip cover. Sitting right next to it for $.20 cheaper was the BA container.

No thanks...only reason I've held off on picking it up.

-Seth

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks