Total Recall SE - new packaging

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by SteveGon, Nov 20, 2001.

1. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

I just noticed this today at Wal-Mart. The Total Recall SE is now available in a keepcase with a slipcover! I'd been holding off on getting this title mainly because of that ugly baboon's ass tin. I do seem to remember hearing that the SE was coming out in a keepcase but I hadn't seen it until today - heck, Amazon doesn't even have it listed. Anyway, I went ahead and picked up a copy! [​IMG]

2. Mark_TS

Mark_TS Screenwriter

Steve-did you notice any Keepcase BASIC INSTINCT?

Yikes! Font is on HGH...

3. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

It's kind of funny. I've actually gotten used to the Baboon Ass. It sits off to the side and kind of fits. Maybe I'll look into picking one up in the future.

4. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

Mark, I didn't notice any Basic Instinct SE keepcases.

5. Dave H

Dave H Producer

Do you think if I wrote Artisan a nice letter asking them to send me a keepcase for Basic Instinct they would send it to me?

6. Brian O

Brian O Second Unit

Basic Instinct also had the new cover but only in R rated at Walmart. But, they did have the Unrated version with the Ice Pick case. I thought they didnt carry Unrated movies?

7. Ed Francisco

Ed Francisco Stunt Coordinator

I saw the Basic Instinct SE keepcase one. Cover is pretty much the same as the old non-SE... didn't check if it was the unrated version though, but I would think that this is the same version as the one with the icepick packaging.

8. WoodyH

WoodyH Stunt Coordinator

I got the TR:SE for free when I bought my JVC DVD player, and when they sent it to me, I got the tin. I can't say as how I mind it that much - it looks kinda nifty, and as long as you keep the little cardboard standee it was packaged with, it fits on the shelf with the rest of the discs just fine.
    And now, as I veer wildy off topic for a moment...

9. Jonathan Perregaux

Jonathan Perregaux Screenwriter

Jonathan Perregaux
    I proudly showed off my baboon ass at work when I got it in the mail.
    A priceless moment that only comes along once in a lifetime. For that reason alone, the round tin case rules.

10. Ruben Zamora

Ruben Zamora Stunt Coordinator

I'm not going to pay an extra 20 bucks on a movie I already have because of a STUPID cover.[​IMG]

11. Kevin Roebuck

I just bought the BASIC INSTINCT keepcase version yesterday at A&B Sound. I saw it a week and a half ago but did not get it until yesterday. It is the unrated directors cut inside, the same disc as the Ice Pick version.

The picture and sound are both very good (I never viewed the first non an. dvd though).

It was the same price for both versions $24.99. I looked for the TT Recall keepcase with no luck at A&B or Future Big Buy.

12. HenrikTull

HenrikTull Second Unit

I like my baboon ass [​IMG]

13. Cees Alons

Cees Alons Moderator

Cees Alons
    I just bought this brand new version od Basic Instinct, having a gigantic - well not a Baboon's Ass outside. Now even the case is unrated....
    [​IMG]
    Cees

14. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

damn. I guess I should have held off buying it as well.
    oh well. At least, I can tell my sister's friend that it's ok to buy it now since it's in the keep case.
    if anybody finds a store (especially one in the Niagara region of Ontario) that sells the amaray cases then please do tell me about it because I want to get rid of my baboon ass. [​IMG]

15. todd stone

todd stone Screenwriter

I noticed this too!

16. Bill Buklis

Bill Buklis Supporting Actor

Bill Buklis
    Oh, this is too funny.[​IMG]
    I admit I've been debating whether or not to get my own baboon ass or not. Despite being rather awkward to store, it looks kind of neat.
    This has this to be the best nickname/description for a DVD case so far. Baboon Ass.[​IMG]

17. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

I saw the non-baboon's-ass keepcase today at Super Wal Mart... it is really nice and shiny (much nicer than the aforementioned tin)
    [​IMG]

18. Jim_K

Jim_K Executive Producer

Is the only store carrying this Walmart? I stopped by a couple Best buys yesterday and all they had were hundreds of the Butt-ugly tins.

Any on-line vendors have this new keepcase version?

Jim

19. Nick Graham

Nick Graham Screenwriter

I actually like the tin. I think it's nice when studios try something different just for fun (and on a limited basis). The people complaining about this need to return to complaining about snapper cases (a valid argument) and not complain when studios try to be a little creative. The Total Recall tin is not near as obtrusive as Anchor Bay's overpriced lunch-box sized tins (though thankfully I think AB has quit releasing the monstrosities).

20. Rob Dwyer

Rob Dwyer Stunt Coordinator

HAHAHA
    Now I'll never be able to look at that tin case without thinking about this thread. Baboon Ass. [​IMG]
    Anyway, does anyone have a scan of the new cover? I used one of the free amaray cases that AOL keeps sending me (Thanks AOL! Knew you were good for something! [​IMG] ) since I rather stupidly didn't keep the cardboard base and the thing won't stop rolling off the shelf [​IMG]
    Anyone know where I might lay my hands on a scan? At least the leftover clear plastic case for Basic Instinct stands on a shelf [​IMG]