What's new

Total Recall: Is it worth getting the newer one??? (1 Viewer)

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
I watched the old one and noticed that the picture quality is not the best, and the sound was a little lacking. Did the newer release fix that problem. It's in a metal case with the shape of Mars on it.
------------------
ONCE, I CONSIDERED SPARING YOUR RETCHED LITTLE PLANET CYBERTRON, NOW.., YOU SHALL WITNESS IT'S
DISMEMBERMENT...
Link Removed

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
It is worth it. I picked it up and really enjoy it. The video isnt perfect, but it is quite good and certainly noticeably better than the old version (which I rented via Netflix). The sound is great too.
If you are a fan of the movie, as I am, its definitely worth the upgrade in my opinion.

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
Absolutely! Run...don't walk...get it!
smile.gif

If you are interested, I did a piece about this new DVD's tech aspect at AVS, in the LD/DVD software Forum. Perhaps that can be of some help. Cheers...
-THTS

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
And thanks to the wonderful effort by a fellow HTF member, I was able to print out a very nice scan of an alternate cover for use in a STANDARD keepcase to replace the infamous "baboon's ass" case. That, along with your recommendation Frank, helped me decide to get it.
smile.gif

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, I'll pick it up along with Terminator. Two Arnie movies on the same day, I think I need a mental check.
------------------
ONCE, I CONSIDERED SPARING YOUR RETCHED LITTLE PLANET CYBERTRON, NOW.., YOU SHALL WITNESS IT'S
DISMEMBERMENT...
Link Removed

Doug Miller

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug Miller
HA! I felt the same way. I was really feeling a need to buy everything Ah-nold after buying this a few weeks ago. Then Terminator came out, and I was feeling it again. I'm going to have to break down and buy that remastered audio Predator at Target next time I'm there. Still holding out on the 5-star True Lies. Already have most of the other stuff.
"I'll be back"
Doug

Duncan Harvey

Stunt Coordinator
is this keepcase cover available online - is there a URL
I must admit to being really annoyed at the stupid tin - please can we have some sanity in packaging!

Anders Englund

Second Unit
I must admit to being really annoyed at the stupid tin - please can we have some sanity in packaging!
Well, you could always get the keep-case version (though, I'm not sure itäs out yet). Personally I think it looks good, certainly collectible... Of course, I did think it would be larger.
--Anders
------------------
http://www.dvd1138.com/
Ob me Deus cavet
Link Removed
[Edited last by Anders Englund on October 22, 2001 at 03:41 AM]

Duncan Harvey

Stunt Coordinator
Unfortunately, the on line co that I ordered the disc from didnt give the choice re packaging...
Still its the disc I wanted, and I have it so "mustnt grumble"

Anders Englund

Second Unit
Unfortunately, the on line co that I ordered the disc from didnt give the choice re packaging...
Sorry, didn't get that you already had the disc... I still ike the packaging, though.
--Anders
------------------
http://www.dvd1138.com/
Ob me Deus cavet
Link Removed

Alister Willis

Auditioning
Hi all,
Does anyone know if the keepcase version has/will have the same extras?
I've got the "baboon's arse" version sitting in my flexicart and I don't know whether to get it now, or cancel and get the "standard" case version later. I'd prefer not to buy it now, but if the other version has no extras then I'll get "the 'arse"
wink.gif

Cheers,
Woody

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
I must admit, this has always been a fave of mine, so it was a no-brainer for me. I think the audio is quite good and was excited about revisiting the movie after many years especially on DVD.
Ron
PS. Yes, the packaging sucks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks