1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Total Recall: Is it worth getting the newer one???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jerome Grate, Oct 19, 2001.

1. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

I watched the old one and noticed that the picture quality is not the best, and the sound was a little lacking. Did the newer release fix that problem. It's in a metal case with the shape of Mars on it.
    ------------------
    ONCE, I CONSIDERED SPARING YOUR RETCHED LITTLE PLANET CYBERTRON, NOW.., YOU SHALL WITNESS IT'S
    DISMEMBERMENT...
    MY HT PIXS

2. Rob Tomlin

Rob Tomlin Producer

It is worth it. I picked it up and really enjoy it. The video isnt perfect, but it is quite good and certainly noticeably better than the old version (which I rented via Netflix). The sound is great too.
    If you are a fan of the movie, as I am, its definitely worth the upgrade in my opinion.

3. frank manrique

frank manrique Supporting Actor

Absolutely! Run...don't walk...get it! [​IMG]
    If you are interested, I did a piece about this new DVD's tech aspect at AVS, in the LD/DVD software Forum. Perhaps that can be of some help. Cheers...
    -THTS

4. RobertR

RobertR Lead Actor

And thanks to the wonderful effort by a fellow HTF member, I was able to print out a very nice scan of an alternate cover for use in a STANDARD keepcase to replace the infamous "baboon's ass" case. That, along with your recommendation Frank, helped me decide to get it. [​IMG]

5. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

Thanks, I'll pick it up along with Terminator. Two Arnie movies on the same day, I think I need a mental check.
    ------------------
    ONCE, I CONSIDERED SPARING YOUR RETCHED LITTLE PLANET CYBERTRON, NOW.., YOU SHALL WITNESS IT'S
    DISMEMBERMENT...
    MY HT PIXS

6. Doug Miller

Doug Miller Supporting Actor

Doug Miller
    HA! I felt the same way. I was really feeling a need to buy everything Ah-nold after buying this a few weeks ago. Then Terminator came out, and I was feeling it again. I'm going to have to break down and buy that remastered audio Predator at Target next time I'm there. Still holding out on the 5-star True Lies. Already have most of the other stuff.
    "I'll be back"
    Doug

7. Duncan Harvey

Duncan Harvey Stunt Coordinator

is this keepcase cover available online - is there a URL
    I must admit to being really annoyed at the stupid tin - please can we have some sanity in packaging!

8. Anders Englund

Anders Englund Second Unit

9. Matt DeVillier

Matt DeVillier Supporting Actor

10. Duncan Harvey

Duncan Harvey Stunt Coordinator

Unfortunately, the on line co that I ordered the disc from didnt give the choice re packaging...
    Still its the disc I wanted, and I have it so "mustnt grumble"

11. Anders Englund

Anders Englund Second Unit

12. Alister Willis

Alister Willis Auditioning

Hi all,
    Does anyone know if the keepcase version has/will have the same extras?
    I've got the "baboon's arse" version sitting in my flexicart and I don't know whether to get it now, or cancel and get the "standard" case version later. I'd prefer not to buy it now, but if the other version has no extras then I'll get "the 'arse" [​IMG]
    Cheers,
    Woody

13. Ron Reda

Ron Reda Cinematographer

I must admit, this has always been a fave of mine, so it was a no-brainer for me. I think the audio is quite good and was excited about revisiting the movie after many years especially on DVD.
    Ron
    PS. Yes, the packaging sucks!