Total Movie magazine subscriber mess

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark Roger, Sep 25, 2001.

1. Mark Roger

Mark Roger Agent

I subscribed to this magazine got one issue, was told I would get a refund, then was told my subscription would be carried over to the new owners. Ok... the new issue hits stands today.
    Well...where is my magazine? These guys are off to a great start so far.

2. DavidEC

DavidEC Stunt Coordinator

".... Ok... the new issue hits stands today. ...."
    How do you know this.. have you seen the issue at a local news stand?
    I subscribed to "InsideDVD" which is/was a DVD based magazine who merger with "Total Movie" and have not received the "September" Issue Seven which has been displayed on their web site now for at lease two weeks.
    --David

3. Robyn Young

Robyn Young Stunt Coordinator

http://www.dvdfile.com/news/web_wire...almovie_2.html
    This appeared over at DVDFile
    Total Movie Magazine To Be Re-Launched With Massive Free DVD Offer
    Los Angeles, California (September 24, 2001) -- It's DVD movie madness as Total Movie magazine (www.total-movie.com) continues to redefine the movie magazine experience with a subscription offer second to none for movie and DVD lovers. The magazine, which last year plowed new ground by becoming the first in the U.S. to include a free DVD with each issue, is being re-launched on Tuesday and is giving new subscribers 40 free movies on DVD to jump-start their DVD libraries.
    "The studios are overwhelmed with the popularity of DVD and can't produce enough titles to feed the appetites of DVD fans," said Steve Palopoli, Total Movie's Editor-In-Chief. "So, we've reached into the vaults and pulled out some great movies that might otherwise not make it onto DVD for years."
    The 40 movie bundle includes Classics, Westerns, Noir, Sci-Fi, Cult, Animation and even French New Wave; from directors including Alfred Hitchcock, Orson Welles, Francis Ford Coppola and Frank Capra; starring actors including Jack Nicholson, Marlon Brando, Cary Grant and contemporary fave John Travolta.
    "Many people have asked me why we are being so aggressive with this offer, that it's totally unconventional compared to the shirts, posters and CDs that most magazines offer and that it just sounds too good to be true," continued Palopoli. "But Total Movie isn't a conventional magazine. We've had a commitment to DVD and DVD fans from the beginning and this offer strongly reinforces that commitment."
    About Total Movie
    Total Movie & Entertainment (www.total-movie.com) is the entertainment magazine for the next generation. Covering the latest movies, DVDs, music, video games and related entertainment without the fluffy fashion pieces or testosterone-challenged romantic comedies, Total Movie & Entertainment tells it like it is with its trademark blend of insight and irreverence. As the first magazine to include a free DVD with each issue, Total Movie & Entertainment gives its young, tech-savvy readers trusted editorial in the magazine and full-screen, surround sound trailers, music videos, interviews, behind the scenes footage, and a full-length feature film on the accompanying DVD.
    I'm going to go check my newsstand today.

4. Ian_H

Ian_H Supporting Actor

The magazine did hit the stands today. It is now called Total Movie & Entertainment. The DVD is not included with the magazine and you have to send in a blow card to get the freebie. The card is post paid so it is not a big deal. I just wonder how many junk mail lists my name is going to be on now. With a paid subscription you get the 40 movie package. I assume it will just be a bunch of poor quality public domain titles that are put out by the likes of Madacy and Simitar. UGH!
    --Ian

5. DavidY

DavidY Supporting Actor

So far, based on what I have read, I am not getting good vibes about this new mag, especially a DVD mag that does NOT include a DVD....one of the really good things that I liked about the original Total Movie. But I won't make a final decision until I seen the mag in person.
    Dave

6. Derek Miner

Derek Miner Screenwriter