Total Movie Magazine Issue #5 Cover is Up!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MikeM, Oct 28, 2001.

1. MikeM

MikeM Screenwriter

Ok, I know that the "new" Total Movie Magazine isn't the greatest, but since I subscribed, and the issue arrived on my doorstep, I figued I may as well be up to my old tricks and whip up a cover it.
    So here it is, Issue #5 Preview Image:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ------------------
    [​IMG]

2. Phu Vo

Phu Vo Stunt Coordinator

Excellent job! Thanks again Mike.

3. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Thanks for the cover. It's great.
    I *FINALLY* got my issue in the mail yesterday. And was utterly disappointed with the DVD. AND the magazine.
    Sigh. At least I can show the ST:TMP trailer to my Trekkie friends at work tomorrow and go "neener neener neener" for a week and a half. [​IMG]
    ------------------
    DAVE/Memphis
    [​IMG]
    MORE TV ON DVD, PLEASE!

4. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer Producer

To save space, I've decided to put the Total Movie discs into double Amarays. Would it be possible to make hybrid covers of 1/2 and 3/4?
    ------------------
    "This movie has warped my fragile little mind."

5. MikeM

MikeM Screenwriter

6. Nathan Pullar

Did Vince ever post his cover for issue number 4?
    I used his images for 1,2 & 3 before I saw yours.
    Great job though I may have to switch.
    Nathan

7. DavidEC

DavidEC Stunt Coordinator

MikeM -
    You did such a great job on the cover for "Total Movie / InsideDVD" magazine issue #5 DVD. [​IMG]
    I was woundering if you were going to be doing one for issue #6?
    --David

8. Michael_Shisler

Any update on a cover for Total Movie cover #6 Mike?
    I really look forward to your work on these! Great job!![​IMG]

9. Scott Leopold

Scott Leopold Supporting Actor

Has anyone received their free DVD's from Total Movie yet? I'm curious (and a little frightened) to see what they included.

10. Kelly W

Kelly W Second Unit

Mike,

Just thought I'd ask...

By any chance, did you make or do you plan to make covers for Total Movie issues 6 & 7?

I really like the other covers you've made, and I'd like to continue the set in your style.

If you're not planning to make these covers anymore, could you let us know a little bit about how you did it, so maybe we could make something similar? For example, what program did you use? Do you have some sort of template? Etc.?

Thanks so much!

-Kelly

11. MikeM

MikeM Screenwriter

Hi Kelly,
    I'll be happy to make future disc covers. If you don't mind waiting two weeks, I can whip up the new covers after that.
    The original photoshop file, with all the high res images and layers, its about 40MB, so it's probably best that I hang onto this one, and just release each cover as I've done in the past.
    Is there really a disc #7 available? The last one I have is the one with the girl from Final Fantasy on the cover.
    Could you please email me to remind me in two weeks? Thanks!

12. Kelly W

Kelly W Second Unit

Hi Mike,

Sure, I can email you in two weeks. I really appreciate the work you do on these covers.

Yes, there is now a disc #7. I just received it on Saturday. The cover has a picture of the Sony digital movie camera that George Lucas used to film Star Wars: Episode II. The point is that one of the short films was the first one to use that new camera.

The feature film on the other side of the disc is one called "Omaha (the movie)". It was an independent film that was rejected from the Sundance Film Festival and so the filmmaker (along with a few others) created the Slamdance Film Festival where Christopher Nolan (Memento) and Marc Forster (Monster's Ball) got their starts. I haven't watched it yet, but other people seem to have enjoyed it.

Thanks again, Mike!

-Kelly

13. streeter

streeter Screenwriter

Michael
    Hi Mike, I really appreciate your covers (although the site is down now) but I do have a suggestion for your next cover. This is just a personal opinion, and I'm not sure how many people agree with me.
    On the next cover, I think it would be nice to have at least half of the front cover be for Omaha(the Movie) and have it listed on the side panel as well. For me, this is the most important 'feature' on the disc. The shorts are nice, and the trailers as well, but for me it's mainly the movie. In the case of the one before this, the Corbin Bernsen movie, I couldn't have cared less. But now that the movies are getting better, I do care [​IMG]
    I'll be printing your cover nonetheless, but those are just my .02

14. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Nathan,
    There are actually 2 versions of #4:
    http://www.tangozone.com/slebrun/tm/
    I stopped doing covers when the mag went to "inside dvd" format and became kinda worthless. I will probably eventually scan the covers for #5 and #6 that came with the discs and modify them to be fullsize covers for keepcases-- and make the spins match the previous 1-4 discs I had made.
    But for now I have no plans to go back to making complex covers like the first 4, because at this point the mag and the DVDs are pretty shoddy and most people I know have cancelled their subscriptions. I have to be honest and say I haven't even opened issue #6 yet, and I got it two months ago.
    -V

15. Kelly W

Kelly W Second Unit

Mike,

I've sent you email reminder about the TM DVD covers for issues 6 & 7.

Let me know if I can help!

-Kelly

16. DavidEC

DavidEC Stunt Coordinator

Mike -

I can not help myself from being lazy with the great job that you did on past issues of Total Movie Magazine DVD covers.. do you have any plans on do one for Issue#8 that I just received in the mail today?

--David

17. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

Mike,

It seems that your website is down. Are your covers still available anywhere?