What's new

Total Movie and 40 DVD flicks for your collection??? (1 Viewer)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for posting the list. There's only one movie on that list that I want that I don't already own. So I think I'll be passing.
------------------
13-time NBA world champion Lakers: 1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001

LarryH

Supporting Actor
Not to get too bogged down in details here, but I'd be surprised if The Pajama Game is in the public domain.

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
I just saw the new issue of Total Movie on the newsstands. There is NO DVD included in the issue...just a subscriber card which you are supposed to mail off to recieve your free DVD.
Hahahhahahaha; I bet you'll receive it. This is pathetic;
a magazine is trying to "come back" and they're already pissing off readers. I never thought that much of the magazine anyway. It was like a FHM magazine minus the babes. Forget it.
You can bet that card has some kind of expiration date or some other red tape to make sure a majority of the readers never get their DVD.
Yeah, I think I'll pass on this one too.
------------------
We are the citizens of the United States of America. Resistance is futile. We CANNOT be stopped so don't bother trying.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
I hate to break this to you, but anyone who actually received a copy of Inside DVD when they were disc-only can tell you that the "free movie" on the disc was the quality of a yard sale bootleg of a scratched 8mm print. That bad. Not worth it.

Al Fischer

Stunt Coordinator
For all of your "previous" subscribers:
About a month ago I noticed they were relaunching this magazine, so I sent an email to them. They responded in a few days a notified me that I would be receiving the remaining issues on my subscription. They sent a follow up email saying I should receive an issue the first week of October. Which is their Fall Issue, for October/November.
We'll see if it actually arrives, though.
Al

DavidEC

Stunt Coordinator
I hate to break this to you, but anyone who actually received a copy of Inside DVD when they were disc-only can tell you that the "free movie" on the disc was the quality of a yard sale bootleg of a scratched 8mm print. That bad. Not worth it.
Hey.. I don't know what movies you saw on your INSIDE DVD disc's.
While two were kind of bad... Look at their source. But I have two very good prints of movies such as the "Last Time I Saw Paris" and "Infinity" were very clean prints.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Also, I sent an e-mail the other day asking about the remainder of my original subscription, since I never got a refund (I asked for it, too). No reply yet, but if I get one I'll let y'all know.
I finally got a reply today, a week-and-a-half later, from a lady there name of Amanda. She said, "I am sorry I couldn’t reply sooner. What you heard is true. We are honoring all previous subscriptions. Issues are being mailed next week. They are a little late. Let me know if you need more information."
I replied with this note:
  • re: "Let me know if you need more information."
    The only info I guess we need is "Is it safe to assume OUR subscription will be honored, then?" and, if "Yes", then "Do we need to do anything else, or do you have all the info you need?". All the data you have for us is current, by the way.
    I think I can assume from the text of your note that I should do nothing and expect 3 or 4 issues to show up at no cost to us, complete with a DVD enclosed with each one. If I am wrong in this in any way, please fill me in. Otherwise, we'll just sit back and wait.
    Thank you!
She briefly replied, "Yes, that’s right. If anything changes I’ll let you know. "
So, if that helps anyone, great. If they have your old subscription info, they'll send you the rest of the subscription automatically. The DVD will be enclosed, it seems, unlike the newsstand issue. And, even though the issue is on stands, the subscription copies haven't shipped and won't yet until next week.
Well, they're off to a good new start!
crazy.gif
Cheers,
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
TV-DVD.jpg

MORE TV ON DVD, PLEASE!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks