What's new

Total Movie 40 free Movies - WHEN??? (1 Viewer)

DavidEC

Stunt Coordinator
Here is a rundown of the films InsideDVD sent out:
1st Issue - Telling Lies in America, Kevin Bacon starring.
No there was at least one or two issues before the "Kevin Bacon" issue, which is one of the ones that I am missing, and released under the banner of "VOB" disc.
I also know that their was a 'James Bond' disc release outside of the USA.
--David

Brian E

Screenwriter
No there was at least one or two issues before the "Kevin Bacon" issue, which is one of the ones that I am missing, and released under the banner of "VOB" disc.
Well the Telling Lies in America issue is VersaDisc Vol.1, No.1

The Big Squeeze is the one labeled VOB it's Vol.1, No.2

After that it was called Inside DVD.

Don't know what others you'd mean.

DavidEC

Stunt Coordinator
Telling Lies in America issue is VersaDisc Vol.1, No.1
Brian -

Well then I could very well be mistaken... I just thought that I remembered on their older web site (where they tried being a DVD portal site), images of two or three DVD's covers before "Big Squeeze" which was the first disc that I personaly received. Not counting the two European releases, one for Phillips Elct, and the MGM James Bond release (which from my understanding had trailers from all the bond movies released to date.)

On the flip side of the merger were the few 'Total Movie' DVD's that were released.. there is one that I understand on "Ebay" has sold for more than $200.. being it had the "Star Wars" fan made short "Storm Troopers", while a parady of the TV show 'COPS' was done with all the love and very well done F/X's of a true "Star Wars" fan.

--David

Captain Spaulding

Second Unit
Real Name
Jay
I've got copies of VersaDisc Vol. 1 No. 1 and Vol. 1 No. 2 [the ones Brian E. mentions]

If anyone wants them, let me know!

Brian E

Screenwriter
On the flip side of the merger were the few 'Total Movie' DVD's that were released.. there is one that I understand on "Ebay" has sold for more than $200.. being it had the "Star Wars" fan made short "Storm Troopers", while a parady of the TV show 'COPS' was done with all the love and very well done F/X's of a true "Star Wars" fan.
It's a short called TROOPS. Pretty good except for the DVD they had to replace the original music since they didn't have a license to use the COPS theme song. You can download TROOPS here Link Removed
I had no idea that disc was going for so much, maybe I should throw mine on eBay.

Kelly W

Second Unit
I received my copy of the issue on Saturday.

I posted a rather long message over in the DVDTalk thread, but the gist of it was that I really like the DVD, but I wish the printed magazine were better. I want a more intelligent magazine with (slightly) more mature and serious content.

I still think that it is worth subscribing, and I think it will only improve. It's just that right now, they're the only game in town and I'd like to see the magazine be a little more respectable and a little less juvenile.

I don't HATE the magazine; I'm just disappointed in it.

-Kelly

Kelly W

Second Unit
If anybody's following this closely, Total Movie has created another thread over at DVD talk for the sole purpose of generating feedback and discussion about the content of the magazine. The other thread remains as a strictly customer service-based thread.
The link is: http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=196407
Check it out!
EDIT: Oh, and somebody in the customer service thread just posted that they have received the 40 movies today, so they HAVE been sent out. I look forward to receiving mine in the mail soon. :)
-Kelly

Shane Gralaw

Second Unit
Oh no! Not "Omaha: The Movie"!! I suffered through this at a film festival about seven years ago and was not in the slightest upset that it fell into obscurity. Now I own a copy. Great.

Tu Dang

Auditioning
Hello,

Just thought I'd share that I got my 40 DVDs yesterday here in Utah. I got my magazine over the weekend. The DVDs are packaged similar to the DVDs with the magazine. But, instead of one DVD in the cardboard holder, there are 2, one on each side. They are each double sided DVDs with a movie on each side. They are also placed in that plastic baggie like the one DVD in the magazine.

Edited: Each of the 10 Cardboard holders are contained in a bigger cardboard brick that holds all 40 movies.

-T.D.

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
Tu, that doesn't sound good at all. Now I won't care if they don't come. Did they send you any decent titles that are worth owning?

Tu Dang

Auditioning
I don't know if it's been posted before, but here are the lists of movies. I haven't watched any yet, but may watch one or two here and there....
Classic Movie Masterpieces
1- Battleship Potemkin
2- The General
3- Intolerance
Classic Tales
4- Dr. Jekyll
5- Scrooge
6- Farewell to Arms
7- Cyrano
Comedy and Romance
8- Road to Bali
9- Africa Screams
10- At the War with the Army
11- Pajama Game
Comedy and Romance
12- Dressed to Kill
13- Kennel Murder Case
14- Dick Tracy Detective
15- Dick Tracy Meets Gruesome
Famous Directors, Cult Classics
16- Meet John Doe
17- His Girl Friday
18- The Stranger
19- Beat the Devil
Famous Stars, Cult Classics
20- Suddenly
21- Angel and the Badman
22- One Eyed Jacks
23- Boy in the Plastic Bubble
Noire and Mystery
24- Cause and Alarm
25- Sabotage
26- Sherlock Holmes and The Woman in Green
27- Sherlock Holmes and The Secret Weapon
Overlooked Horror
28- White Zombie
29- Carnival of Souls
30- I Bury the Living
31- God Told Me To
Roger Corman 101
32- Little Shop of Horrors
33- Bucket of Blood
34- The Terror
35- Dementia 13
Schlock Hysteria
36- Giant Gila Monster
37- Killer Shrews
38- Assasin of Youth
39- Reefer Madness
40- Brain That Wouldn't Die
That's all 40....
On the New Total Movie DVD/Inside DVD, the Trailers are:
Spy Game, A Beautiful Mind, High Crimes, Ice Age, Scooby Doo, Showtime, All About the Benjamins, Eight Legged Freaks, Count of Monte Cristo, Minority Report, Laird, Rat Race. Most are old trailers and the ones I saw weren't anamorphic and only stereo sound... :frowning:
Some cool music videos though...
-T.Dang

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
No Nosferatu? I thought someone posted a list last fall and it was on it. It was one of the only titles I was looking forward to getting. :frowning:

Kelly W

Second Unit
Yeah, I agree Bill. Nosferatu was the movie I was most looking forward to as well.

I bought Shadow of the Vampire sight unseen (it was a cheap previewed DVD at Blockbuster) and had been putting it off until I saw the original film. I guess I'll have to get the Anchor Bay (I think that's who put it out) version that I hear is pretty good.

None of the other 40 movies really EXCITES me, but I'm sure I'll check them out anyway. I've actually always been somewhat interested in that version of Little Shop of Horrors with Jack Nicholson.

-Kelly

Robyn Young

Stunt Coordinator
I was really hoping for nosferatu as well. The transfer must not have worked out. I remember they had some transfer issues.

I'm hoping mine arrives in the next day or two.

r

Rex Bills

Auditioning
I got my 40 free movies today and posted another thread on them before I noticed that others had gotten them on this thread. I have the first 4 issues with DVD's (all played fine for me) and would part with them for $10 plus postage. E-mail is [email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks