Total *LACK* of Energy Dealers in Toronto...

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Drew_W, Dec 24, 2003.

1. Drew_W

Drew_W Screenwriter

An ad for Bay Bloor Radio showed Veritas 2.1 factory seconds on boxing day special for $750CND. Ok, so I figured that BBR must be very busy and that their already unfriendly staff would quickly find something better to do than to let me listen to speakers, so I went up to Eastview TV/Electronics where I bought my Take 5.2s last year...they're the only other Energy dealers in the city. And well...now they're not. They've picked up Mission and Polk, no Energy in sight (I don't know who dropped who or why). So now, either I have to shop at Bay Bloor Radio, whose personnel are...well let just say not too accomodating, at least to me, because I don't look like someone who would actually buy stuff...either I have to put up with that, or drive an hour out of the city to Canadian Sound in Brampton.

The issue here is not so much that Toronto is a city with well over 3 million people...it's not that a market doesn't exist...no, the thing is that Energy headquarters are right smack dab in the middle of Toronto (not 5 minutes from one of the Eastview locations). If anyone with any ties to Energy reads this...PLEASE get yourselves some more dealers here...even two were very few, compared to other brands like Paradigm and PSB...and those are now carried by chains (HiFi 2000, and 2001 Audio/Video, respectively). It baffles me how in the city with a population of several million people, that is home to the company's headquarters, there can only be one dealer for their products.

End rant...head still shaking.

2. MichaelOD

MichaelOD Stunt Coordinator

i love energy products! i'm in manitoba and we only have 1 energy dealer in the city.

if the energy offices were here and there were only 2 dealers...i would be just as frustrated as you!

3. Drew_W

Drew_W Screenwriter

Well, now there's only one. Within an hours drive anyways. Great eh?

4. Kevin. W

Kevin. W Screenwriter

Drew I believe Hills TV and Audio(Hamilton/Burlington), Fairview HiFi(Burlington) are Energy dealers. Though I went into Hill one day looking at new speakers(I was interested in Paradigm Studio v3). Asked the dealer if he stocked them and was showered by a rant how B&W was so much better than Paradigm. Blah, Blah Blah. All he had to say was he didn't stock them but would I be interested in some B&W.

Kevin

5. Darrin W-G

Darrin W-G Extra

I had no trouble getting Energy 4.1e's 10yrs ago and I live in NZ. Energy was well represented in NZ Audio/Video Mag then.. [​IMG]

6. Jamie Doucette

Jamie Doucette Stunt Coordinator

Thats too bad. I like Energy products, but the only places I know that carry them are here in northern Ontario.

About Bay Bloor Radio, I heard (read on forums actually)from more than a few people that they don't like their sales staff. I always took that with a grain of salt thinking people where just jealous with their success. You are right, their staff is not very professional. Last Christmas I walked in there for the first time ready to buy a $200 pair of Grado or Sennheiser head phones. When I inquired on a specific model number (a model that many here on HTF recommend, can't recall what number) the sales associates response was "We don't carry that model because it sucks." To tell a customer you don't carry it is one thing, telling a customer the product they are interested in "sucks" is not professional.

7. Bob Wilson

Bob Wilson Agent

You can always try Canadian Sound in Brampton

8. Drew_W

Drew_W Screenwriter

Bob:

Quote:
    either I have to put up with that, or drive an hour out of the city to Canadian Sound in Brampton.

[​IMG]

I think I'll be going there today just to see what they have.

9. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Screenwriter

I thought 2001 or HiFi 2000 carried Energy? I called them when I opened up 4 years ago and they told me they weren't signing up any new dealers in the area. I got that a lot, actually - from Denon (who has ONE dealer in all of Mississauga), Onkyo, Marantz and others. It's a strategy that baffles me to this day.

(just checked 2001 and HiFi2000 and I was wrong)