What's new

Total Choice Hi-Def (1 Viewer)

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
Hi!,
Just curious as to what 'channels' on the Direct TV Total Choice package would be broadcast in High Definition.
I understand also that only some programs on the Networks are also in High-Def,,but not the entire channel continously. Correct?.
Thanks for any info.
------------------
Trevor
shellshock2.gif

Link Removed

CRyan

Screenwriter
I do not have DTV, but I think there is only HDHBO, a PPV, and a Demo channel available. I have Dish and there is an additional channel available with them - Showtime.
You are correct about OTA networks. They usually broadcast thier prime-time schedule, but this varies by network. They broadcast in digital - 480p, 720p, and rarely 1080i.
C. Ryan

VicRuiz

Second Unit
This does not apply to CBS, the leader in HDTV programming. 90% of CBS prime time line up is in full 1080i HDTV. I would hardly call that 'rarely'. You should check out shows like 'The District', 'CSI', 'Kate Brasher', 'Judging Amy', and 'Family Law', and I'd bet you will never make a statement like that again.
------------------
Vic Ruiz
STOP HDCP/DFAST/5C

CRyan

Screenwriter
Vic, I do not have OTA in my area. I was going on complaints made by members of this forum and others in regards to the lack of true HD programing. When you consider that NBC, ABC, FOX, and the PBS affiliates are almost all multicasting, I would still consider using the term "rarely."
C. Ryan

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
Thanks,
So the Networks have HD programming which varies continously..How about some of the other channels that are offered on Total Choice? ,,ESPN,,Animal Planet,Discovery channel..ETC..Any of these in Hi-Def?..Would they be completely Hi-Def or vary from program to program?
------------------
Trevor
shellshock2.gif

Link Removed

Marc Carra

Supporting Actor
Trevor,
If you are looking for a great deal on a Starchoice HD system, I have one for sale in the Hardware FS area.
Marc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks