Total Axess Help

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MikeEckman, Oct 23, 2002.

1. MikeEckman

MikeEckman Screenwriter

This whole E.T. thing just keeps getting more and more sour for me. I am one of the fortunate people to have a decent broadband connection on my computer, so I decided to keep an open mind about the Total Axess stuff, so I stuck in the second disc hoping to see some deleted scenes or something neat.

Now first, of all, I have NEVER watched a DVD-movie on my computer and have never messed with any DVD-ROM supplements. So the Install Wizard for the Interactual player (whatever this is) came up, and I installed it. Then the movie started playing. I clicked on the Main Menu button and got the same menus as if I had stuck it in my main DVD player, nothing new.

So, I saw the Total Axess logo in the bottom left corner and clicked on it, then about 4 new windows just popped up on my screen. One of them with this following text:

2. Jorge Montes

Jorge Montes Stunt Coordinator

Total Axess uses InterActual Player?

I'm out of luck then. InterActual has NEVER EVER worked on this computer.

3. MikeEckman

MikeEckman Screenwriter

Anyone else? Has anyone tried to access the DVD-ROM only supplements on this disc? Is this a typical problem with discs that use the Interactual Player?

4. Terry H

Terry H Second Unit

I didn't realize anyone except college students actually owned computer dvd drives. I have no use for one. I wouldn't use it to watch my 19" monitor in preference to my 65" Mits. Seriously, I can't think of another use for one. I'm curious.

5. Joel Vardy

Joel Vardy Supporting Actor

I was able to get Total Axess to work after several tries and registering. At this point only several photos and 2-4 clips from the premiere are on the site from what I can gather. Nothing terribly interesting but I'm hoping 'deleted scenes' and other more useful extras will be forthcoming over the next few weeks. [​IMG]
    Joel

6. Scott Leopold

Scott Leopold Supporting Actor

If it uses Interactual, I think I'll pass on even trying to check it out. Interactual is one of the biggest pieces of garbage I've ever installed on my PC. I can get to menus with it, but it won't actually play the DVD's. It also locks up after running it for more than 10 minutes, and requires a hard reboot.

7. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer