What's new

Total Axess Help (1 Viewer)

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
This whole E.T. thing just keeps getting more and more sour for me. I am one of the fortunate people to have a decent broadband connection on my computer, so I decided to keep an open mind about the Total Axess stuff, so I stuck in the second disc hoping to see some deleted scenes or something neat.

Now first, of all, I have NEVER watched a DVD-movie on my computer and have never messed with any DVD-ROM supplements. So the Install Wizard for the Interactual player (whatever this is) came up, and I installed it. Then the movie started playing. I clicked on the Main Menu button and got the same menus as if I had stuck it in my main DVD player, nothing new.

So, I saw the Total Axess logo in the bottom left corner and clicked on it, then about 4 new windows just popped up on my screen. One of them with this following text:

ACCESS DENIED

In order to Register and Login for access to this site, you must use your Universal Studios Home Video DVD. Please close this browser window, insert the DVD into your computer's DVD-ROM drive, and click on the Universal Axess link.
What the hell does this mean? I consider myself to be a pretty intelligent guy, but what am I doing wrong here? They sure dont make this stuff obvious. Is the E.T. website down or something? It is now 1:07am CDT on Thursday, October 24 which is a full two days after the official release of this set, so the site should be up, shouldnt it?

Help...thank god I REALLY love E.T. and have been able to look past all the terrible, terrible things Universal has done with this DVD release. Sorry for the long thread/rant...

Jorge Montes

Stunt Coordinator
Total Axess uses InterActual Player?

I'm out of luck then. InterActual has NEVER EVER worked on this computer.

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
Anyone else? Has anyone tried to access the DVD-ROM only supplements on this disc? Is this a typical problem with discs that use the Interactual Player?

Terry H

Second Unit
I didn't realize anyone except college students actually owned computer dvd drives. I have no use for one. I wouldn't use it to watch my 19" monitor in preference to my 65" Mits. Seriously, I can't think of another use for one. I'm curious.

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor
I was able to get Total Axess to work after several tries and registering. At this point only several photos and 2-4 clips from the premiere are on the site from what I can gather. Nothing terribly interesting but I'm hoping 'deleted scenes' and other more useful extras will be forthcoming over the next few weeks. :frowning:
Joel

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
If it uses Interactual, I think I'll pass on even trying to check it out. Interactual is one of the biggest pieces of garbage I've ever installed on my PC. I can get to menus with it, but it won't actually play the DVD's. It also locks up after running it for more than 10 minutes, and requires a hard reboot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks