What's new

toslink/hdmi switch need a new one. (1 Viewer)

Natas70

Auditioning
Real Name
James Johnson
Hello to the group and a thank you in advance for any information you can share with me.

I have the following equipment.

Samsung tv - LN40B530P7NXZA

Samsung Blu Ray - BD-H6500/ZA

Arris DCX3510-M - NEW - Charter Cable DVR

Apple TV

Sony PS3

Yamaha HTR-5835

HDVIO 8x2 port switch

This Friday we had a Thunderstorm and it took out our cable dvr, modem and the HDVio switch. Charter just left and replaced their equipment and now I am on the search for a new switch. I looked up the hdvio and amazon has only 1 used one for probably double what I payed for the original new one. Just a side note of weirdness, We didn't loose power, It never flickered, but I was playing a game online chatting with a friend when the lightning strike hit. it only took out things the cable was attached to. and they were still functioning devices but had no output to the Ethernet port and hdmi out. they could reset them and see them from their end. but the tv showed no signal and there was no internet connectivity.

I need something super simple that my wife wont get irritated with, like a separate hdmi and toslink switch. but I have seen several post suggesting the monoprice 4x1. I am a total newb to the not so clear, is the audio in coming from the hdmi plug and being converted to toslink out? Also do they make a model where all 4 in's are in the back, I really don't want cords sticking out the front of my system.

Once again, Thanx in advance for any information you can share with me

James Johnson

Just a side note of weirdness, We didn't loose power, It never flickered, but I was playing a game online chatting with a friend when the lightning strike hit. it only took out things the cable was attached to. and they were still functioning devices but had no output to the Ethernet port and hdmi out. they could reset them and see them from their end. but the tv showed no signal and there was no internet connectivity to our devices. they tried to argue that it didn't come in through the cable line until he noticed the installer never installed the ground wire. Then he was all apologetic.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks