Tosiba 51H83, lost Component 2!!!

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Mike Boniferro, Sep 28, 2003.

1. Mike Boniferro

Mike Boniferro Second Unit

I had my PS2 hooked up to my new Toshiba 51H83 for about 3 days... I just got an HD box so I took the PS2 off and plugged in the component out from the box into the 2nd component input and could get no picture at all.
    After trying everything, I decided to switch the cables from the DVD player into the box and the HD displayed perfectly on the first input... so I then put those cables into the 2nd input and nothing!!
    It was working perfectly with the PS2 plugged into it, does anyone know what could have happened??
    the DVD player doens't work plugged in there either... usually just all black like nothing is there, and sometimes I get squiggly lines.

2. Jason Charlton

Jason Charlton Ambassador

Jason Charlton
    Check your set's documentation - it's possible that only the first component input is "wideband" and supports HD and progressive video signals. If your DVD player is a progressive model, try turning progressive scan off and see if it works in the second input. If you get a picture, then you'll know.

-Jason

3. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Michael Chen
    Greetings

The component inputs are not signal specific. 480p/i and 1080i should all be accepted and displayed.

Unplug the set and plug it in again ... see what happens ...

Call the warranty service ...

Regards