What's new

Toshiba's Cinema Modes, Film or Video? (1 Viewer)

Steve Young

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve Young
Could someone please explain this to me. I currently am running an interlaced dvd player (SD2109) on my new 57HX81 and i'm not sure which cinema mode I should be running it on? Also I will be getting a progressive player very shortly and when I get it, do I have to change the cinema mode again?

Thanks

Steve

Gregg F

Grip
I have a new 50HX81 and reading the manual, I believe that if you set the cinema mode to 'film', you are enabling the 3:2 pulldown. Keeping it in 'video' disables it. What is unclear to me is whether 3:2 pulldown is always on or automatically turned on when appropriate in 'film' mode.

If you are using an non-progressive player, based on this info, its probably best to leave it in the 'video' mode. Keep a progressive player in the 'film' mode.

If anyone knows for sure, please correct me.

Cheers.

GF

jeff peterson

Supporting Actor
I've got the 50H81 and would like to know, too. Just adding this useless post to take advantage of the automatic email notification (Thanks, Packy)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks