Toshibas 2002 linup? The "42" series. Does anyone know anything?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt Krapf, Apr 17, 2002.

1. Matt Krapf

Matt Krapf Stunt Coordinator

Hi all. :)
    I heard from Best Buy that the 32A42 is coming in a few weeks to replace the awesome 32A41.
    So...I'm curious about the new models. I know people have already bought the 20A42 also.
    Does anyone have any knowledge about general or model-specific features of this "42" series?
    (aside from being the ultimate answer to Life, The Universe, and Everything) [​IMG] (Little Hitchhiker humor there)
    Thanks,
    Matt

2. Jeff D.

Jeff D. Supporting Actor

Haven't heard of any specifics yet. However, we have arrived at Toshiba's annual roll-over time. Just heard the the 50" 16:9 projection models are soon to be discontinued (no more production after April) and the new models should arrive in a few months.

/Jeff

3. Saurav

Saurav Cinematographer

I searched the J&R website, where someone bought the 20AF42 from. Didn't find a 27A42, which is what I was looking for. I don't remember if there were any more x2's on that site.
    Hitchikers was so cool [​IMG]

4. Phil L

Phil L Supporting Actor

Anybody know if toshiba might add a squeeze button like the wegas?

5. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Screenwriter

My Toshiba rep is on a business trip so I can't check with him, but for the past few years, Toshiba has given me information on the new models in June with public announcements in July and availability of most HD sets starting in August. Availability of new analog sets is model-by-model generally starting in April and we receive information on these as they come.

I'd really be surprised (pleasantly!) if new HD sets were available before the end of the summer.

6. AlbertH

AlbertH Stunt Coordinator

from what i've seen the 20af42 is identical to the 20af41( which i have in my bedroom).
    Edited to add a quote from JohnnyG