Toshiba ZD26 series

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Gavin.F, Oct 5, 2003.

1. Gavin.F

Gavin.F Extra

Right, Id like a few opinions. Im looking for a CRT TV and have seen a few that catch my eye. The main ones I was looking at was the Toshiba 28ZD26 or the 32ZD26 as I havent decided on the size yet. Ill be mainly using it for films and gaming, with TV being watched on it. Im based in the UK, so HDTV and the like isnt an issue. The main things that attracted me were the component inputs and progessive scan.

Ive had a look around the net, and seen many positive reviews on it, and a few magazine reviews too. So, I thought Id ask the opinions of you knowledgable guys here. Any thoughts or opinions on these TV's would be appriciated.

2. Steve Lowe

Steve Lowe Auditioning

I have the 36ZP26P (Strata) Gavin and on the whole it's a great set. You may want to consider the 38ZP (Picture Frame 2) range as well since the main shortcoming of the Strata range is it does not support PAL progressive scan, only NTSC prog scan. The problems with the Strata range include faint dark vertical 'bands' on each side of the screen, iffy goemetry (partly correctable in the service menu) and buzzing noise from the set. The latter is a fault and should be returned. the former two are a problem with all the sets, although the dark bands are worse on 36" sets.

3. Gavin.F

Gavin.F Extra

Thanks for that. I wasnt aware it was NTSC pro scan only, so Ill revise my options. I had a look at the 32ZP38, and its probably a little more than I wanted to spend, but Ill certainly consider it.