What's new

Toshiba White Line Problem (1 Viewer)

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
I have thought seriously about buying a Toshiba 65 H 84 but I have read that there might be a Toshiba endorsed cure for the white line problem that I read about on this forum.

Can anyone describe the problem to me and tell me how to get the Toshiba endorsed cure for the problem.

Also, are there any posts that might have a hot link to more information on this entire problem. I think not all of the 80XX series may have had this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Artie

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Anyone out there have a couple of minutes to give a brief answer to my question? I would very much appreciate an answer.

Thanks in advance.

Artie

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
The 'white line' is a faint bar about 1" wide running top to bottom through the middle of the picture. It's not really white...just lighter than the rest of the image. Some people see it all the time, and some people never see it.

The fix is very simple and involves adding a jumper wire on the bottom of one of the circuit boards. The problem is, accessing the spot where the jumper must go generally requires removing the entire 'light box' (the guts) from the TV. Toshiba Canada is ready, willing and able to do this under warranty, but I'm not sure about Toshiba USA. Toshiba refers to this as the "drive line" issue, so if you talk to them, that's the term you should use.

henning hoffmann

Stunt Coordinator
Do a search on the AVS and HomeTheaterSpot forums. There's a link in there somewhere to a Toshiba service document discussing the issue and the fix.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks