What's new

Toshiba tweaking question (X81 series) (1 Viewer)

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
This is probabally only of interest for ISF-types and serious tweakers...
Question #1:
In the design menu, the parameters for black stretch (that's what I've found it listed as, anyway -- It's EWB2 and ESB2 for 480p and 1080i) were at 0C. I'm pretty sure that's what it defaulted as, though I may have accidentally changed them, I'm pretty sure I didn't (and there were both 0C.) Also, this was in theater mode.
It seems to do some stupid automatic-brightness control maintaing an APL, and therefore increasing apparenet scene brightness when when a portion of the screen is darker but the actual brightness of the material does not change. It was especially noticable when swiching between full-screen and 4:3 on my HD STB and on the Monsters, Inc DVD when Mike is getting yelled at by Roz (close zoom on her head.)
So I set it to 06 which seems to be the value to disable it altogther. My question is... What's up with this setting? And does it really come defaulted to that (at least sometimes?)
Question #2:
Is there a parameter that changes the menu brightness -- for each mode? The menu brightness of theater in 480p/1080i is different than in 480i or Normal.
Michael TLV calibrated the set for my awhile ago, so I'm guessing he changed something here... but I can't seem to find the setting.
It's not a big deal, but makes comparisons harder. I am attempting to get Normal to be the same as Theater mode, though I'm not sure it will be possible or useful, with all how the offsets... but, it's something to do. :)
I don't use any of the 480i stuff, so that's not really important.
Thanks. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks