What's new

Toshiba TW40X81 "BLUE" Problem (1 Viewer)

I have a Toshiba TW40X81 which I LOVE. Over the past few months I have noticed something that is really starting to bug me. I am wondering if this is normal or if I should call Tweeter for repair ( I have an extended warranty from Tweeters)

The problem is that when I have a BRIGHT blue color on the screen the bright blue flashes!

I have run Video Essentials and AVIA and have everything set correctly.

This flashing is really annoying to me. Would this be something that should be fixed under my warranty with Tweeters?

Also on a side note, speaking of Tweeters, when I got the set and the extended warranty I was told that I would get things like a yearly cleanings and stuff like that. Does anyone know what I actually get with this extended warranty?

Thanks for your help!

Scott

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

I have seen a few older model Toshiba sets where the green flashed every so often, whenever you pushed the crt with a lot of green material.

The CRT is having problems and you should have it looked at. Be prepared to have material to demonstrate the problem to the repair people.

Cleanings may be included, but you have to actually ask for them.

Regards

I called Tweeter Repair and the guy on the phone didn't know what the entended warentey covers.

He did tell me he would have a service tech call me to schedule an appointment for my Blue Flashing problem.

24 hours later I still have not heard anything yet.

Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks