1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Toshiba TW40X81 "BLUE" Problem

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott Greczkowski, Jan 22, 2002.

1. Scott Greczkowski

I have a Toshiba TW40X81 which I LOVE. Over the past few months I have noticed something that is really starting to bug me. I am wondering if this is normal or if I should call Tweeter for repair ( I have an extended warranty from Tweeters)

The problem is that when I have a BRIGHT blue color on the screen the bright blue flashes!

I have run Video Essentials and AVIA and have everything set correctly.

This flashing is really annoying to me. Would this be something that should be fixed under my warranty with Tweeters?

Also on a side note, speaking of Tweeters, when I got the set and the extended warranty I was told that I would get things like a yearly cleanings and stuff like that. Does anyone know what I actually get with this extended warranty?

Thanks for your help!

Scott

2. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Michael Chen
    Greetings

I have seen a few older model Toshiba sets where the green flashed every so often, whenever you pushed the crt with a lot of green material.

The CRT is having problems and you should have it looked at. Be prepared to have material to demonstrate the problem to the repair people.

Cleanings may be included, but you have to actually ask for them.

Regards

3. Scott Greczkowski

I called Tweeter Repair and the guy on the phone didn't know what the entended warentey covers.

He did tell me he would have a service tech call me to schedule an appointment for my Blue Flashing problem.

24 hours later I still have not heard anything yet.

Scott