Toshiba Service menu questions?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Joseph V, Sep 19, 2001.

1. Joseph V

Joseph V Auditioning

I was looking on the Keohi HDTV site and it didn't mention what the values for 'the color of gray' were, and I was curious as to if anyone knows what the values are, it would be very helpful.
    Thanks
    Joseph V

2. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Screenwriter

There are no default values for the CUTs and DRVs that control grey scale. Every set ships with different values.
    ------------------
    John Golitsis
    Next Big Thing Electronics

3. Joseph V

Joseph V Auditioning

Thanks, my question was meant to be what are the controls that are used for grayscale adjustment (CUT and DRV), now i know which ones they are.
    Thanks again

4. Mark Bendiksen

Mark Bendiksen Screenwriter

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but you don't want to mess with grayscale adjustment unless you really know what you're doing (which I do not, BTW).
    Proceed with caution. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Screenwriter

Play with them all you want! Just don't go crying to your local ISF'er if you end up with blue bananas (an old NTSC joke)!
    Pull up a grey ramp pattern and eyeball it. Record all the original DRV and CUT values. Do the darker bars look to be on the blue side of grey? On the red side? If so, adjust the corresponding CUTs. Same goes for the brighter bars and the DRVs.
    If, in the end, you have what looks to be a more neutral grey ramp, keep it. If not, go back to the original values.
    There's almost no way that you'll actually end up with a grey scale of D6500K, but you might be closer. You might also be further away too [​IMG]
    ------------------
    John Golitsis
    Next Big Thing Electronics