------------------
John Golitsis
Next Big Thing Electronics

JerryE

Agent
From the Toshiba website (specs and MSRP):
SD-5700
SD-4700
A local B&M Toshiba dealer has them both on their site for < $300 (assuming they're taking orders for them now).
------------------

John Geelan

Screenwriter
This is great news. I'm in the market to update my current Toshiba 2109 with a DVD-A player and these new Toshiba's fit the bill.
With all the bells and whistles I need like DVD-a, Video CD, HDCD, progressive scan, Toshiba's great ColorStream technology and Cd-r playback.
If I can get one under $300 that would be great.
BTW, I realized when I needed to update the 2109 after purchasing the new Fleetwood Mac dvd-a and the 2109 wouldn't even recognize it. So for $300 it will be worth to get the lastest DVD video technology with DVD-a capability.
icon14.gif

------------------

Craig F

Second Unit
Real Name
Craig
BTW, I realized when I needed to update the 2109 after purchasing the new Fleetwood Mac dvd-a and the 2109 wouldn't even recognize it.
Not even the DD tracks? My 2108 plays the DD tracks.
BTW, the new Toshibas will not have bass management for DVD-A.

John Geelan

Screenwriter
Nope, the 2109 will not play the Fleetwood Mac dvd-a disc as a DD track, it will not even load.
It does play the other few DVDa's I own in DD 5.1 sound so I was surprised when this problem occured. A first for my player which handles all my dvd's flawlessly.
Wonder when the manufacturers will fix this Bass Manangement problem as most HT's use small speakers with a sub.
------------------

Sam S

Auditioning
I too was left out to dry with the DD 5.1 track on the DVDA of "Rumours". I have a 3109 that won't recognize it. Funny thing is, I also use a 3107 that used to read it, but now no longer does!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks