What's new

Toshiba SD3950, Opinions ?? (1 Viewer)

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor
Somebody local is advertising a Tos SD3950 for $78, supposedly only used a couple of times with all original accessory, doc and box. Don't know anything about the model, just want to know if aybody has experience with it and whether its a good deal. BTW, one of my DVD players is my 1st gen Tos SD2109 and I think it's almost time to retire it and replace with something a litle bit more up to date. Thanks.

Peter:Ki

Auditioning
You can buy a brand new SD 3950 at Vanns.com for 79.98 with free shipping/no tax. I just ordered SD 4900 from them and it's great! Vann's is a very good internet vendor with a good reputation.

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the tip, I got another tip that the 3950 is on sale at Amazon for $69.95 with a $20 rebate, so it's net $49.95, no tax or shipping. After reading the reviews, I decided against it, because it has no optical out (apparently the spec by both Toshiba and Amazon were incorrect).

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
If your reciever doesnt have a Digital Coax input, you can get a converter at radioshack that'll convert Digital Coax to optical.

Jeff W.

Stunt Coordinator
I got one for $65 AR. New. I also returned it because it was total crap. Chroma bugs galore, and no optical out even though the web site said it did. I'd say steer clear of this one.:frowning:

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor
Nick,
I had a coax to optical out converter that I used on my Tos SD 2109. Back a few years ago, it was $30 (the 2109 was $199). I sold the gadget on EBay after I brought other players that have Op out, I think I got $15 for it. Don't know what they go for these days, but anything more than a couple of bucks will be silly for a $49 player, as once one go to $60+, there are a lot of other options.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks