1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Toshiba SD3755

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Denis Q, Dec 20, 2001.

1. Denis Q

Denis Q Auditioning

I am in the process of building my first HT that will go in the new addition to the house (hopefully sometime in the March/April timeframe) and am looking at the Toshiba SD3755 as my DVD, primarily because it has multi-disc, mp3 and progressive scan. Can anyone share their experiences with this player? I'd go with the Panasonic RP-56 if I didn't want multi-disc.

Gonna break the ice in the next few days and pick up the Kenwood VR-509 ($291+tax at Circuit City near me). Then the speakers (Ascend Acoustics CBM-170s as mains, HTM-200s as center and surrounds and a Sony SA-WM40 as sub) sometime after the holidays. Finally, after the new room is ready, the Sony KV36XBR450. Of course, this all depends on my wife who, as of the last conversation, agreed on all of this. But, here’s the trade-off (there's ALWAYS a trade-off, no matter what anyone says) ... she gets to pick out the furniture. Now the thought of another floral couch makes me gag, but as long as my butt is comfortable, my HT is up and running and there is a cold one within reaching distance, I’ll survive. I still have to work on getting her to agree on DSS with a dual LNB and I'll probably have to sacrifice the wetbar being made into a computer area, but I'm willing to compromise.

I can't wait!

DQ

2. Greg Robinson

Greg Robinson Stunt Coordinator

Greg R
    I too am VERY interested in hearing some reviews on this great-sounding player. Does anyone out there have a SD3755? I currently own a sony dvp-s550 single disc unit, and i want to consolidate my cd changer and DVD in one great unit.

I am particularly interested in hearing comments on this supposed "new downconversion algorithm" Toshiba is using. My dad has a Toshiba DVD and the "jaggies" are HORRIBLE - i cannot watch a movie on it without being distracted. Is the new crop of Toshiba DVDs significantly better (similar to a Panasonic downconversion or Sony?) or just "good for a Toshiba?" I will own a 4x3 set for at least another 2 years - so I want a unit with great downconversion like my current Sony.

How about transport speed and noise on this Toshiba changer? Need input! THANKS!