What's new

Toshiba SD2800 vs. SD4800 (1 Viewer)

ThomasL

Supporting Actor
Putting aside progressive scan output, dvd-audio and the jpeg viewer, does anyone think there is a difference in the video abilities - interlaced and letterbox downconversion - in these two units?

cheers,

--tom

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
I've only used the 2800's downcoversion routine once and was not that pleased with the video quality. But when outputting at 16:9, it looks really, really nice. I have a 2800 in the bedroom, and am pleased for the most part. The drive motor is a little noisy, but that's a non-issue at average listening levels.

ThomasL

Supporting Actor
Thanks Jack, do you know who does the best with downconversion abilities? In the next year or two,I may be getting a progressive scan enabled tv but I'm thinking I may just end up upgrading when I need it. Like in the computer field, there is no need to buy things with long term future needs in mind because by then, someone cheaper, better will be out. I try to buy things with features I need now as opposed to a few years from now especially with cheaper components like dvd players are now.

cheers,

--tom

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks