Toshiba SD-5700 DVD-Audio question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Winston Walker, Jan 24, 2002.

1. Winston Walker

Hi, just picked up this player, as i really needed a unit that would do DVD-R and DVD-RW, as recorded by my Pioneer A03 recorder.

Although the manual doesn't say so, it plays the DVD-RW media just fine. (have yet to try DVD+RW)

My question is this...picked up 2 DVD AUDIO titles from Warner Brothers, whose web site says all their titles contain Dolby Digital 5.1 mixes, in addition to the DVD-A tracks.

I cant get the Toshiba 5700 to play the DD tracks at all. Even the discs themselves say that they have Dolby Digital surround mixes. The titles are:

Steely Dan - Two Against Nature

Fourplay - Fourplay

I've got the player set to output BITSTREAM, and it's connected to my Pioneer VSX-D3S via to Coax digital output. Same way I get the DD tracks off the video DVD titles.

When I click the audio button, while playing these titles, I only see these audio tracks listed:

Audio S1 / 1PPCM 2CH PCM

Audio S1 / 1PPCM Bitstream

Audio S1 / 1PPCM Analog 6 channel

Audio S2 / 1PPCM 2CH PCM

Audio S2 / 1PPCM Bitstream

Audio S2 / 1PPCM Analog 6 channel

From the looks of whats being displayed, these discs dont

have a DD track. Anyone know the deal on this? Is it a player

issue, or the actual discs themselves?

anyone have any tips at all?

thanks,

Winston

2. Winston Walker

Well. i got the answer in the AVS Forum...i just needed to set the Priority on this player to DVD VIDEO.

Win

3. Ed St. Clair

Ed St. Clair Producer

Thanks.

Hope to get this DVD player before the end of the month.

One less problem...