1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Toshiba SD-4700, Yamaha HTR-5560

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Duke H, May 8, 2002.

1. Duke H

Duke H Stunt Coordinator

My car's motor is toasted, so I've gotta' sell a lot of stuff to pay for the repairs. Here is what I have up for bids (figuratively speaking):

A Brand New Yamaha HTR-5560, which retails at $500.00. New, they are between $450 and $500. Everything is there, and in like-new shape, and I'll ship it in the original box. I've had this unit for maybe a month or so, and it's gotten very little use. I'll also throw in a 4 year service plan from Best Buy, which covers just about anything that could go wrong with the unit (nothing will...Yammies last forever). On top of that, I'll also throw in a set of 10' (each) Monster Z-series cables (Z-1s), which retail at around $90.00, which is also what BB charges for them. I WILL SELL ALL OF THIS TO THE FIRST PERSON THAT SENDS ME AN EMAIL AGREEING TO PAY $375.00 PLUS SHIPPING FROM AREA CODE 43021 (PROBABLY AROUND $30.00, USPS, Cont. US). Feel free to make reasonable offers, but I reserve the right to decline them (so I might hold out for someone willing to pay me my asking price, which is far lower than all this is worth).

I also have a Toshiba SD-4700, which I love almost as much as I love my 5560! I got it in February, and it also has rather limited use. It comes with a Best Buy 4 year waranty ($49.99), component Video Cables ($29.99), 3 sets of Monster Interlink 100 RCAs (for DVD-Audio) ($30.00), a digital coaxial cable ($20.00), and 2 DVD-A discs (The Police, and Hootie and the Blowfish...$20.00 each). MY ASKING PRICE FOR ALL THIS IS ONLY $200.00 PLUS SHIPPING, WHICH WILL PROBALBY BE AROUND $20.00, CONT. US. Shipped in original box, and in New Condition.

Also, if there are any guitarists out there, I have a Yamaha AEX-500 with a Crate TX-30 for sale. Includes gig bag. $200.00. Email for details.

Please Respond ASAP, as I want to get this taken care of soon. I'll accept Mail Orders or Cashier's Checks, as well as Personal Checks, but personal checks will take a little longer to clear. I'm going to look into Pay Pal, but I don't know yet. I'll keep you posted about that.

2. Duke H

Duke H Stunt Coordinator

OK, I am now set up to accept Paypal. Also, If anyone wants to buy both, I'll knock a bit off the total.

3. Duke H

Duke H Stunt Coordinator

Ok, how 'bout this: If some one wants to take both of these units off my hands, I'll sell them for $500.00, plus Shipping. That's $250 below market price (Not even counting retail), not including all the goodies I'm throwing in.

4. Joe Hsu

Joe Hsu Supporting Actor

Would you humor me with a price for the Yamaha w/o the cables? [​IMG] Just curious. And also, if you'd sell the amp w/o the guitar. Thanks. ^_^

5. Duke H

Duke H Stunt Coordinator

I'm actually just throwing in the cables, so the price would be the same. As far as the amp goes, I'd sell it for $145, shipped, with the charger. I've used it for a few street gigs and coffee shops, and it works fine. It's pretty loud, and pushes 30 watts RMS through an 8" woofer (with bass port) and a 1" tweeter. There are two channels (Mic and Guitar). The 2nd input has 3-band EQ, volume, and drive (distortion). The first has tone and volume. The battery lasts over 8 hours, at full blast. There is also a CD player/Keyboard input. Original retail was $250. Amp is in great shape. There are two stickers on one side, but that's it.

6. Kevin_W

Kevin_W Second Unit

Duke... *extremely* interested in that DVD player. Sent you a PM.

Will pay paypal for immediate sale too.

7. Duke H

Duke H Stunt Coordinator

Ok, there are a few of you who want the DVD player. First to post a reply ("YGM") gets it. Also, send me an Email, telling me it's yours.

8. Duke H

Duke H Stunt Coordinator

For anyone out there who's interested, I'll let the Yamaha go for $300.00. That includes everything I mentioned before.

9. StevenK

StevenK Second Unit

Hey Duke,

I'm interested in the Yamaha receiver. YGM!

10. Nate Nelson

Nate Nelson Stunt Coordinator

YGM about the DVD Player here in a minute

11. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

Nice deal on that DVD player!

12. jeff lam

jeff lam Screenwriter

Jeff Lam
    YGM on the Yamaha

13. Duke H

Duke H Stunt Coordinator

Steven, the Yamaha's yours! Email me to let me know how you are going to pay.

Nate, sorry, I need to keep the DVD player at $200. Guys' the Toshiba is still up for grabs!

14. Duke H

Duke H Stunt Coordinator

Oh, crap. Sorry, Steven. Jeff Emailed me first. Got my Emails mixed up. The Yamaha goes to Jeff, unless I don't here from him, in which case Steven gets it. I'll let you guys know shortly.

15. Kevin_W

Kevin_W Second Unit

Duke, YGM... then a follow-up YGM [​IMG]

16. Duke H

Duke H Stunt Coordinator

OK, KEVIN'S GOT THE RECEIVER, BUT I'M NOT SURE ABOUT THE DVD PLAYER. I'LL LET YOU GUYS KNOW.
    On a side note, it has been pointed out to me that I made a mistake. The Police disc is actually DTS 5.1, not DVD-A. I appologize. You could say I'm in shock over the death of my car, and the soon-to-be death of my home theater system. When you think about it, Electronics and Heroin aren't that much different, are they? They're both expensive and addictive. I chose the one that didn't involve needles[​IMG]

17. StevenK

StevenK Second Unit

?? confused ???

Kevin got the Yamaha receiver?

I thought Jeff was first, followed by me?

18. Kevin_W

Kevin_W Second Unit

I got the DVD player only [​IMG]

19. Duke H

Duke H Stunt Coordinator

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! SORRY GUYS, MY BAD AGAIN! **************JEFF******************** GOT THE RECEIVER, ***************KEVIN****************** GOT THE DVD PLAYER, AND I GOT A MAJOR HEADACHE AND HALF THE MONEY TO FIX MY CAR. ONLY HALF, MIND YOU, KEEP CHECKING FOR MORE GREAT DEALS. ALSO, ANYONE NEED PLASMA (THE BODILY FLUID, NOT THE WALL-MOUNTABLE TV)?[​IMG]