Toshiba SD 2805: Future Purchase (Good or Bad?)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Duane Robinson, Jun 15, 2002.

1. Duane Robinson

Duane Robinson Second Unit

I plan on getting a Toshiba SD 2805 to replace my Sony 570d in my bedroom. I like the fact that it can hold 5 dvds (bring it on LOTR) and supports Mp3s plus I can get it for $118. I just wanted to know if anyone had any experience with this player since I can't find any reviews anywhere on the web. I know it's a low price and I should just scoop it up but I wanted to know if there were any other 5 or 6 disc changers out there that were equal or better than the SD 2805 for under $200. If so, then I would love to have you lovely guys' and gals' opinions and recommendations on them. Did I mention that you guys and gals are lovely. Little blatant butt-kissing never hurt nobody (nobody without Rhoids that is). Thanks in advance for any suggestions anyways.

2. JorgeN

JorgeN Extra

I have the Panasonic CV51 --it's the five disc brother to the RV31 which everyone rants about. They just recently released the new RV32 and the 5 disc counterpart CV52K. You can find it at Best Buy this week for $179.99 (normal price), although you can get a free DVD this week with its purchase. Here is the link: http://www.bestbuy.com/detail.asp?e=11099605&m=1&cat=32&scat=244
    Good luck!

3. Duane Robinson

Duane Robinson Second Unit

That's a pretty good player but it only has optical out. I forgot to mention that I needed a player with both coaxial and optical outs since my receiver only has two optical outs which are already being used by my PS2 and my Xbox. Thanks for the suggestion though.