Toshiba SD-2715 problems

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Taylor, Apr 18, 2002.

1. David Taylor

David Taylor Agent

Jun 30, 1997
    I have had my new Toshibs SD-2715 5 disc changer for several weeks now, and I'm noticing something wrong. On pristine discs (no fingerprints, smudges, scratches) it plays just fine. On some discs (rentals and otherwise) that have smudges on them, it will skip periodically. Some of these discs looked pretty good--I'm not talking about major smudges. I've had 2 prior Toshibas (both were single-disc machines) and had no problems with these types of discs.

My question is this: is there something wrong with my machine? Or are mtulti-disc changers more sensitive when it comes to dirty discs? Has anyone else with a Toshiba changer noticed this?

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Jun 3, 1999
    The optical pickups should be the same, regardless if it's a changer or not. And what you report seems pretty common to me: the player simply has a hard time with dirty discs. Some can handle them better than others. You're machine, from what I can tell, is behaving normally.