Toshiba SD-2710 Problem... Or should I just get used to it?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dre Witt, Oct 18, 2001.

1. Dre Witt

Dre Witt Extra

I got the SD-2710 a couple of weeks ago and on about a third of the films I watch the player hiccups... It pauses for a second then continues, and this doesn't happen at the layer change. I back up and can't repeat the problem. Anybody else have this experience with Toshibas. I'm used to Pioneer DVD players. Over 700 films and never had a problem with my 525 or 343... I finally got a Hi-Def so I wanted take advantage of the Toshiba's stronger picture quality in my opinion. Do I just have a defective or is this inherent with Toshibas?

2. Kwang Suh

Kwang Suh Supporting Actor

It's defective. What you have described is not normal behaviour. Exchange it.
    Also, why did you get a 2710 for a hi-def display? It's not progressive scan. It's just like a normal DVD player.

3. Dre Witt

Dre Witt Extra

I have a DVDO line doubler between my receiver and the TV's RGB input. I can't turn VSM on the component inputs (Hitachi! Arrgh!) But there is no VSM on the two RGB inputs. I got the set so damn cheap. Also, I plan on buying a couple of Kenwood 400 disc changers once I see some reviews. So the 2710 is kinda temp.