What's new

Toshiba sd-2200 compnent vid cables dont work!? (1 Viewer)

GabeR

Agent
A few months back I bought some monster cable component cables for my sd-2200 and hooked it up to my brand new jvc flat screen
no picture...hmm..
and the s video cable worked fine
So i hook up the component cables to the RCA jacks instead of the component input jacks and it works but doesnt look any better.
any input on this>?
is my dvd player the problem?

Martin Rendall

Screenwriter
I used to own the SD-2200, and the my component cables worked great. It could be the DVD player, or it could be a faulty cable. Or it could be your TV. Can you find another set to try out?

Martin.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Gabe: Are you sure you connected the player properly? It could be a faulty component-out on the player. Or it could be a bad component-in on the TV. Or the cables themselves could be bad. But first make sure the Y/PbPr outputs are connected to their corresponding inputs on the TV. JB

GabeR

Agent
well ill just say this....I bought a monster cable S video cable once with my older 27 inch sony and this dvd player and the screen would flash on dark scenes of the dvd...took off the cable..and no probs with the rcas
then I used the tiny little S video cable that came with my vcrs...and it works great...
But i want better quality, and I know its not the tv, I just dont have other friends with any component tvs to try it out on
thanks

It just seemed odd that the compnent cables worked in the rca slots

GabeR

Agent
well the colors are color coded right? Thats why I made sure they were connected right and even checked the dvd player menu to see if I needed to change anything
Im guessing it is the dvd player and when I get my new Home THeater setup I will get all new cables and try again
thanks

Kris McLaughlin

Stunt Coordinator
GabeR, there might be a setting in the tv's menu to turn the component inputs on/off. My JVC tv has this setting, if component in is set to "no", it will not recognize the siganl at all, and shows only a blank screen. Worth a close look at the menu, at least.

Cheers,

GabeR

Agent
ok thanks...but my tv has no feature, its just audio and v2 feature stuff and its all on

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks