What's new

Toshiba SD-1700 (1 Viewer)

Rich Corle

Stunt Coordinator
I just bought this unit to replace the 100 buck Apex i bought that liked to skip all the time, never work, and piss me off completely. So far I've been very satisfied with this Toshiba I've had for the last 24 hours. Everything is better about this unit than the Apex. Anyway, how good do you guys think this Toshiba will be for me in the long term? Is it a long lasting player? From what I can hear and see, picture and sound are great. I tested it out on Gladiator DTS and it sounded great. Give me some feedback on this machine.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I've got the 1600; got it last Christmas and I've had no problems so far. I've watched perhaps 50 different movies on it so far, with no problems. No skips, glitches, breaks, freeze-ups, etc, except on discs that were visibly scratched.
My impression is that it's as good as any other DVD player in its price range.
And I like the "zoom" feature on it a lot. Makes it easier to read credits, or catch little details on my 27" TV.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
I agree with DaveF...
For the $180 I paid for my SD1600, it's NEVER malfunctioned...ever! Now granted, after reading many articles regarding video artifacts (chroma bug, "jaggies," etc.), I am starting to notice the imperfections in this player which may cause me to upgrade. However, for the price paid a year and a half ago, it's been a fine performer and has pretty solid value as far as I'm concerned.
Ron

Michael Mathius

Senior HTF Member
I got this player for my bedroom setup. The only problem I noticed is that it does not play cdr's. But if that's no big deal to you then you got yourself a good player.
BTW that's my second Toshiba dvd player. I also have the 6200 which has played flawlessly over a year now.
------------------
Don't make me angry. You won't like me when I'm angry.
hulk.jpg
3EMS Hometheater

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Also, the remote for it is well-designed. Possibly about the best one for low- to mid-prced DVD players.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks