Toshiba Screen

Discussion in 'Displays' started by jeffreyJon, Aug 22, 2004.

1. jeffreyJon

jeffreyJon Auditioning

Hello,

I have a Toshiba Theaterview 50 Inch, model number TZ50V52. The screen on it was broken during a move and I am looking for a replacement. Is there anyway I could get a new screen for this, and would it be worth the money to buy one?

Thanks for the Help,

Jeff

2. Tyson Wetzel

Tyson Wetzel Stunt Coordinator

That screen's probably going to cost you 300 bucks give or take 50. It's up to you if that's worth it or not. I'm not familiar with that model but if it's a 4:3 non-HD set that's around 5 years old I'm guessing it's target practice time.

3. Elliott Willschick

Elliott Willschick Second Unit

Go to the www.toshiba.com site and look at parts. Find the closest dealer and order a new screen. If you can't find the part number then go to www.pacparts.com and look it up there. I had a scratch on my screen that drove me insane so I bought a new one. They aren't that much, about $100 for each piece. Hopefully only one of your pieces broke.

4. jeffreyJon

jeffreyJon Auditioning

Thanks for the links. My model is not on there, so I will probably just junk it. Its not worth it if I have to pay more that 250 to 300 bucks I guess. Time to get a new one.

5. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Michael Chen
    Greetings

Is this a BB clone of another set? If you know what year it is, then any similar sized set from Toshiba would have the same parts when it comes to the screen.

regards

6. Elliott Willschick

The screen is made up of three parts from the outside to the inside; the protective screen, the fresnel and lensticular lens. Now I'm not sure of he exact spelling of those but as long as only one of them is broken, it won't cost you more than $100 to replace it. Unless your tv has other problems or you're not happy with it, the process and cost is quite nominal in comparison to a new set.

7. jeffreyJon

jeffreyJon Auditioning

I will have to try and find a service center near me to see what it will cost. I actually need all three screens.

thanks for the help

8. Elliott Willschick

Well if I can offer one more piece of advice. You may not need the protective screen. It's an annoyance and if you need instructions on how to install them wtihout that one, the screen will bow a bit if u don't do it properly, then check this site www.keohi.com/keohihdtv