What's new

Toshiba RPTV's.... (1 Viewer)

Jordan Tracey

Stunt Coordinator
How are these sets? Does anyone here own one of them? I would like to know, as I may be looking into buying one..

Barry_R

Stunt Coordinator
Jordon, I own the 55HX70, 55" HDTV rear projection set. I've had it about 11 months now and I love it. It's a great set and they are very dependable. I did a lot of research before buying it and narrowed my choices down to the Mitsubishi and the Toshiba. Both are excellent choices with great picures. I thought the Tosh had more features and was a little better value. The current Toshiba model, I think the 53H71 or something like that, has even more features. I don't think you'll find many unsatisfied Toshiba owners.
Also, do a search under this forum or check out www.audioreview.com for more reviews.
Good Luck. Barry.

Jordan Tracey

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry! I didn't even know there was a tv and projectors area, so I just stuck it in with hardware...Sorry once again.

khang

Grip
Did my "research" months ago. Finally decided on the Toshiba 65HX81. Best quality/price ratio IMHO

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
I have a 50HX81, but I'm returning it due to an excessive image "ghosting" that appears to the right of every high contrast image, and bad convergence drift.

Pros: The colors are great, and the TW1 setting is a fantastic mode that stretches 4:3 images almost imperceptibly. Much better than Mitsubishi's in this respect, IMO. The set is also very "tweakable", but many tweaks require going into service menus, which can be risky.

Cons: Some sets have problems with ghosts and permanent vertical lines. This seems to vary from set to set. The image also seems grainy sometimes. 56 pt conversion is available only through the service menus.

-Dave

Jeff O.

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry if this has been asked before, but what is the difference between the 50H81 and the 50HX81?

Chris Moreau

Stunt Coordinator
I've had the 50HX81 for a little over a month now, and I can honestly say that I can't imagine being much happier with it. I've read that others have had the "ghosting" problem with the Toshiba units, but mine has shown no evidence of it at all.

I'm not sure of all the differences, but the HX series is supposed to have improved CRTs and lenses over the H series. I've never seen the two side by side, so I'm no judge of any visual difference that might exist.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks