What's new

Toshiba RPTV Questions (1 Viewer)

RobSB

Agent
Hello everybody. I'm a new user to these forums, but I've been reading them extensively, and you guys have been very helpful. But now I have some questions of my own.

I am looking into purchasing a new RPTV within the next month or so. My price range is about $2000-$2500, that being bought, taxed, and shipped into my house. I went looking around on the web, and stumbled across the Toshiba 50H82. I checked around (Cnet, audioreview, epinions, amazon, hometheaterspot, here) and it was receiving some very good reviews, and fit right into my price range. Now I have some questions.

30% DVD viewing
35% Antenna
35% Dish Network Satellite

9' from viewing area

1. First of all, is the Toshiba a good choice? Is there some better TV out there in my price range?

2. HDX vs. H? Is the DX worth the extra money? Why or why not?

3. How do I get HD channels from my antenna, and would I need an HD box to view them?

4. How would satellite and regular antenna viewing look? Decent at least?

5. Do you think 50" would be OK for my 9' viewing distance? Should I beg my parents (the money-spenders) for the 57"?

6. Calibration - Where can I buy the Avia DVD for cheap? And how difficult to do is the 56 point calibration?

7. Purchasing - Should I buy from OneCall or from GoodGuys? OneCall is cheaper and reputable, but how does their warranty/return policy work?

8. Warranty - Is the 5 year warranty worth it?

9. What do you guys think of GoodGuys to buy the TV from?

10. If I bought an Dish receiver model 6000, which is a HDTV decoder, and ran my antenna through it, would I be able to pick up OTA HDTV channels?

Ok I think that's it. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Mike Huber

Agent
i got the toshiba 50h82 and i love it, im about 9 feet away
from the tv and its just perfect. I think any bigger would be a little to close. The picture is really excellent once you get all the color and brightness settings down correct. I just have regular comcast cable and the picture is really great.

DougR

Second Unit
3. How do I get HD channels from my antenna, and would I need an HD box to view them?
I have a Toshiba 42H82 and use a Samsung SIR-T150 Set-Top Box ( for OTA ) and the picture is awesome.

Also have Dish Network (DBS)( PVR-508) and some programing is Ok, others are great.

Jeff Richard

Auditioning
What settings are you using with your 50H82. I just bought one and would like to try some settings out.

Thanks,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks