Toshiba RPTV Problem

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by rogerssa, Aug 24, 2002.

1. rogerssa

rogerssa Auditioning

I have a Toshiba TP50G50 RPTV that is about 5 years old or so. Today it all of a sudden got a RED tint to all the screen and there are darker red lines running thoug hit in a wave. If you leave it on for any time the color changes red to pink to red and in and out darker to lighter.

Can anyone give me a idea of what might be the problem? Is it time to buy a new TV or should I try and get this one repaired?

Thanks in advance,
    Shane

2. Brad_V

Brad_V Second Unit

My uncle's Zenith does that with the blue. He said the repair guy said it was going to be very expensive. But maybe Toshiba parts are cheaper. From what his would cost, when you can get a new lower-priced set for about $1000, fixing much on even a mildly-old set probably isn't worth it.

If you call up some fix-it shops, I bet they would tell you over the phone what's wrong with it and what it would cost.

3. rogerssa

rogerssa Auditioning

I was told buy the repair shop by what I was describing to him I would have to probably replace the Blue gun. If you turned on a all blue display it was not at all blue all red/greenish. All green showed mostly red/greenish.
    He said I would probably need to replace the guns or a board or two. Not worth it. Bought a Mits. 55819 yesterday. [​IMG]