What's new

Toshiba RPHDTV Color temp Setting (1 Viewer)

TrevorST

Stunt Coordinator
What color temp setting are you guy's using between Cool, Neutral and Warm. I had been using cool but the Sound & Vision setup disc sugested Warm. Does any one know the setting closest to 6500.

TrevorST

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Michael. When I use warm the picture seems a little to red but the colors sure are vibrant.

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

If you have been watching things that are too blue for too long, watching something set correctly at 6500K will look red to you. But one is right and the other is not.

Note though ... chances of the Warm mode being close to 6500K is usually decent ... certainly when compared to a cool mode. May still be off by 1000 to 2000K either way.

Regards

TrevorST

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks again. I'll leave it set at warm and give my self a chance to get used to it. I adjusted with Avia for all three modes and recorded the settings (not a lot of difference between them settings wise). One more question on Avia they sugested setting the black level on the DVD to normal. Is this true if the TV has an HDTV setting ???

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks