1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Toshiba Remote compatibility with 42H82

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by AlS, Dec 27, 2002.

1. AlS

AlS Auditioning

I have a Pronto 1000 programmable remote. I just purchased a Toshiba 42H82 (It arrives Monday) and am looking for compatible software for Pronto remote. Can some of you with other Toshiba similar Displays please let me know the model number of your remote? If anyone knows which displays have the compatible IR codes, please let me know.
    If anyone has programmed a Pronto to manage one of the XXH42 displays, can you please send me your software for your pronto.
    Thanks,[​IMG]

2. jeff peterson

jeff peterson Supporting Actor

go to Remote Central for TONS of information, control files you can download for your Pronto and lots of tips. I'm sure in their files section, they have the control codes for your new TV.
    I've got the same pronto and the 50H81 Toshiba.
    Enjoy [​IMG]

3. AlS

AlS Auditioning

Thanks for the reply. I have been looking at Remote Central, but found very few files with the XXH82. That is why I am interested in the model number of the remote for the older models. If the codes are the same for the older models as they are for the XXH82 models, then I can use one of those from Remote Central. If not, then I will use one of those for the Icons and manually enter the codes into them.
    So the quesion is one of backward compatibility between the IR codes. [​IMG]
    Thanks,

4. jeff peterson

jeff peterson Supporting Actor

The codes for any of the widescreen Toshibas should work for you. The nice thing about the Pronto is you can easily try them.

Here's some:
    xxH81
    xxHX81
    xxH82
    xxHX82

(xx=40,50,57,etc)