Toshiba PowerFocus HD4 CRTs

Discussion in 'Displays' started by DonM, Feb 22, 2004.

1. DonM

DonM Agent

I have been trying to research the PowerFocus HD4 CRT that Toshiba uses in their RPTV's. So far I have come up empty for any information at all or even a picture. The Toshiba website is very stingy with details and gives no info at all about the CRTs. Does anyone have a source or a website that can tell me anything. I am trying to compare them against the Hitachi Guns and lens system. I am considering the Hitachi 57S700 series or the 57HX93 Toshiba series. I really need some input here as to which TV has what features, which would be a better choice and why. Toshiba has what they call TheaterNet for setting up devices to your remote. Is it any good? Please give me some input here.
    Toshibas are always a little cheaper for some strange reason.

2. David Parrish

David Parrish Stunt Coordinator

The Toshiba 65HX93 recently beat 9 other RPTVs in Home Theater's Feb issue. It was sited as having the best features, PQ, and value. I'd go with the Toshiba. In fact, I am seriously considering buying the 57HX93 myself.

I doubt you're going to find much info on the CRTs. I guess this isn't something the public asks about a lot so the manufacturers cloud reality with catch-phrases like "power-focus."

The Hitachi came in 3rd in the review if I remember correctly, but why buy 3rd when 1st is the same price or cheaper?[​IMG]

3. DonM

DonM Agent

Thanks for the response. My next question would be what's a decent price for this 57HX93 RPTV? I can get it with a 5 year warranty out the door for $2900 from my local B&M store. The warranty is $400. They currently are out of them and on back order. I assume that positive review had a lot to do with that. Any one care to share what this baby is going for street prices?