What's new

Toshiba PowerFocus HD4 CRTs (1 Viewer)

DonM

Agent
I have been trying to research the PowerFocus HD4 CRT that Toshiba uses in their RPTV's. So far I have come up empty for any information at all or even a picture. The Toshiba website is very stingy with details and gives no info at all about the CRTs. Does anyone have a source or a website that can tell me anything. I am trying to compare them against the Hitachi Guns and lens system. I am considering the Hitachi 57S700 series or the 57HX93 Toshiba series. I really need some input here as to which TV has what features, which would be a better choice and why. Toshiba has what they call TheaterNet for setting up devices to your remote. Is it any good? Please give me some input here.
Toshibas are always a little cheaper for some strange reason.

David Parrish

Stunt Coordinator
The Toshiba 65HX93 recently beat 9 other RPTVs in Home Theater's Feb issue. It was sited as having the best features, PQ, and value. I'd go with the Toshiba. In fact, I am seriously considering buying the 57HX93 myself.

I doubt you're going to find much info on the CRTs. I guess this isn't something the public asks about a lot so the manufacturers cloud reality with catch-phrases like "power-focus."

The Hitachi came in 3rd in the review if I remember correctly, but why buy 3rd when 1st is the same price or cheaper?:D

DonM

Agent
Thanks for the response. My next question would be what's a decent price for this 57HX93 RPTV? I can get it with a 5 year warranty out the door for $2900 from my local B&M store. The warranty is $400. They currently are out of them and on back order. I assume that positive review had a lot to do with that. Any one care to share what this baby is going for street prices?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks