What's new

Toshiba Power Reset Problem (1 Viewer)

Richard D T

Auditioning
Just purchased a Toshiba 61H71. I am on my 2nd replacement with the same problem. I understand it also existed with the 61H70 and other models. Most of the time you hear a loud pop, then the set turns off for a few seconds, then comes back on. Contacted Toshiba....phone support said they never heard of it, and after a week, no response via email from them. I then found a web site:
http://www.keohi.com/keohihdtv/usefu...owerreset.html
that described it perfectly. A local service center finally found it on their section of the Toshiba web site. They were told many models may have this same defect.
If anyone has these Toshiba symptoms, listed in the above web site, this may be your problem.

Max Knight

Supporting Actor
Hi Richard,

I've had this happen two or three times with my TV in the past couple months. Each time it hasn't been too much of an issue (I just put it back in TW2 mode and everything is fine). Can I expect this problem to get worse (I've had the TV for creeping up on two years)?

Richard D T

Auditioning
I had a serviceman come under the warranty and he resoldered the suspect capacitor and it has been fine ever since. I believe the oldert sets may need a different capacitor.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
I have had my 42H81 for a couple of weeks now and this has happened twice. I had read that it was common in the "wear in" process and that after things are broken in it will cease. I also saw that you should only be worried if the set does not come back on right away.

How far off am I? Should I be contacting a service tech or should I just wait and see if it gets worse?

Richard D T

Auditioning
You can wait to see if it goes away. If not, call the tech and he will be able to see the Toshiba service bulletin at their website for the fix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks