Toshiba News

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Randy Noel, Jun 10, 2002.

1. Randy Noel

Randy Noel Stunt Coordinator

2. Jed M

Jed M Cinematographer

Randy, this is the replacement for the dst3000 so it should be able to do HD with no problem. The thing I can't figure out is if you can only do HD with DVI or if you can still use the component output? If you can it looks like a winner.

3. Chris Brunner

Chris Brunner Second Unit

Sounds very promising. I would have really liked to see that $799 SRP a bit lower though.

c

4. Randy Noel

Randy Noel Stunt Coordinator

I think I want one!!

5. Mike_P

Mike_P Agent

"Colorstream" is Toshiba-speak for component video, which the article says is HD component video. They also refer to Y/Pr/Pb, which is also component video.
    So it has Component HD outputs for now, until "they" decide to down-rez these signals and force everyone to go to DVI/HDCP connections. So, unless your new tv has a DVI input, you may be joining the ranks of the millions of other "first adopters" with an obsolete bigscreen tv. But as a filthy rich "first adopter", you won't even notice the thousands of $$$'s missing from your wallet, will you?
    While they're hyping the video quality of the uncompressed DVI video, they fail to mention that, because it's uncompressed, it can't be recorded.[​IMG]
    No wonder the HD rollout is proceeding with all the speed of a glacier in summer.
    But thank God the precious HD content of the movie studios is safe!

6. BeatCrazy

BeatCrazy Stunt Coordinator

I don't see in the description where it specifically states for ATSC over the air reception. I heard no new HD direcTV boxes will provide this.