1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Toshiba News

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Randy Noel, Jun 10, 2002.

1. Randy Noel

Randy Noel Stunt Coordinator

2. Jed M

Jed M Cinematographer

Randy, this is the replacement for the dst3000 so it should be able to do HD with no problem. The thing I can't figure out is if you can only do HD with DVI or if you can still use the component output? If you can it looks like a winner.

3. Chris Brunner

Chris Brunner Second Unit

Sounds very promising. I would have really liked to see that $799 SRP a bit lower though.

c

4. Randy Noel

Randy Noel Stunt Coordinator

I think I want one!!

5. Mike_P

Mike_P Agent

"Colorstream" is Toshiba-speak for component video, which the article says is HD component video. They also refer to Y/Pr/Pb, which is also component video.
    So it has Component HD outputs for now, until "they" decide to down-rez these signals and force everyone to go to DVI/HDCP connections. So, unless your new tv has a DVI input, you may be joining the ranks of the millions of other "first adopters" with an obsolete bigscreen tv. But as a filthy rich "first adopter", you won't even notice the thousands of $$$'s missing from your wallet, will you?
    While they're hyping the video quality of the uncompressed DVI video, they fail to mention that, because it's uncompressed, it can't be recorded.[​IMG]
    No wonder the HD rollout is proceeding with all the speed of a glacier in summer.
    But thank God the precious HD content of the movie studios is safe!

6. BeatCrazy

BeatCrazy Stunt Coordinator

Sam
    I don't see in the description where it specifically states for ATSC over the air reception. I heard no new HD direcTV boxes will provide this.