Toshiba ? Newbie

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott Foster, Oct 3, 2002.

1. Scott Foster

Scott Foster Auditioning

I bought a 57H81 and I can exchange it for a 57H82, should I? From what I've read here the 82 model is upgradeable to DVI. Are there any other important differences?
    Also there is a Bose speaker system for $399 at BB is it any good?
    Thanks

2. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
    Yes and no respectively [​IMG]

3. John-Miles

John-Miles Screenwriter

You gotta love how Greg gets to the point.
    basically I am agreeing with Greg here, upgrading to the 82 if you can is worth it just for the DVI, as much as I hate it, you may be glad you have it in a few years.
    as far as the Bose speakers, well I ahve never been the elast bit impressed by bose, they seem to be vastly overpriced for what they produce. as well I assume you are talking in american dollars. for that much money I would suggest you toss a bit more cash at it and go with some PSB speakers. I absolutely LOVE mine, and I ahve never ehard a negative complaint about PSB. if you search thsi forum you would probably find some rather irate people whenever bose is mentioned. [​IMG]
    Wel;come to the forum Scott..... and please exscuse my typos, i would blame them on lack of sleep, but lets be honest even wellr ested i dont fix alot of them....

4. Scott Foster

Scott Foster Auditioning

Thanks for the quick replys, I'll exchange TV's tommarow!
    How about the Sony Dream systems?
    Thanks again!

5. Jan Strnad

Jan Strnad Screenwriter

Yes, exchange the TVs.

Go somewhere other than BB for the speakers.

Cheers,

Jan

6. CalvinC

CalvinC Stunt Coordinator

I would second the PSB's, I've got the Alpha mini's in the front and the alpha mites in the back. These along with an alpha center and a Psb Subsonic sub and I' real happy. This is much better than the Bose and cheaper. Good luck on whatever you chose!

7. Scott Foster

Scott Foster Auditioning

Well, I took the 57H81 back they did'nt have an 57H82 in stock so I went to Amarican TV. I bought a 57HDX82 fo $5.00 less then the 57H81. MUCH better picture, and DVI ready. Thanks again!