What's new

Toshiba HD-A2 is Fantastic!!!! (1 Viewer)

ROCC

Auditioning
Real Name
Robert Chin
Dear Folks:

Looking to purchase the Toshiba A2, and came across some problems with people only getting 480p on their HDMI-DVI Conversion, here are some specs I saw on a website:

**Resolution Setting: The HD-A2 allows you to select the video resolution output for the HDMI and Component video outputs. You can choose from 480i, 480p, 720p, or 1080i for both. The component video output will only display 480i or 480p resolution on copy protected discs.

**Simultaneous Video Output: The HD DVD player supports simultaneous output of video on its HDMI and component video ports. However, when both are connected the HDMI will only output the maximum resolution of the component video cable when watching a copy protected disc.

Could the the A2 be detecting a false copyrighting/component hookup? are all the HDMI-DVI hookups without component hookups simultaneously?

Rocc

Keith the Cop

Auditioning
Real Name
Keith
I am going to agree. I just hookep up my A2 and definately dig it. Unfortuntately, I have it hooked up component. I took a backup of Pirates of the Carribean to try the 1080i upconvert. There is definately a noticable difference between 480p and 1080i upconvert (although my wife couldnt see it).

So damn the business for not allowing standard def discs to upconvert 1080i via component. Makes me want to ditch my 4 yr old WS-65711 for something with HDMI input.

Oh and one quick gripe.. Whats with sending the player with a set of composite cables??? Thats like buying a new Plasma and getting a set of rabbit ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks