What's new

Toshiba HD A2 5 Free DVD's Problem (1 Viewer)

mitch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mitchell Miles
Hi All,

I'm a little suspicious about this 5 free DVD offer from Toshiba. I bought my HD A2 HD DVD player mid July and submitted my offer paperwork along with the receipt and UPC code as instructed immediately.
Given all of the problems that I have read relative to some members never receiving the DVD's, I called up to see what the status was of the order.
I was told that there was no record of my submission and that there was nothing that could be done. She told me that the order was probably lost and that she couldn't help me.

Has anyone else had this happen? I e-mailed Toshiba corporate headquarters and tried to call someone else to no avail. Oh well, maybe I should have bought a Blu-RaY!

Thanks,

Mitch

Bob_L

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Lindstrom
Did you create copies of all the paperwork? If you can submit copies, you can show them that you did, in fact, turn this in to them. Then they should be compelled to deliver.

Averry

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew
I've been like 9 weeks, but I called in and they did receive my info.

I guess any day now would be sweet.

troy evans

Screenwriter
I'm sorry to here about what's happening to you. I have bad luck when it comes to rebates in general. Bluray has a simular deal with thier players and just as many people are getting screwed there as well from what I'm hearing. I submitted my request back in May and received my 5 Free HD DVDs 2 weeks ago. Keep calling that 800 number and let them know the reason you jumped into HD DVD was because of that offer. Tell them that as a customer who has supported them you are very dissatisfied. Let them know if the extent of thier customer support is " sorry, but, there's nothing I can do" that that's not good enough and demand to speak with someone to resolve the issue. Don't forget, you are the customer who has spent his/her money and are entitled to everything you are owed. Anything less is just bad business on thier part. Good Luck.

Alfonso_M

Second Unit
I not only keep copies of everything mailed in my HDD, but go thorough the trouble of getting a 'certificate of mailing' from the USPO, it costs $1.05 , but then you have proof of mailing and can better argue your case in situations like this.

I just received my 5 free HD-DVDs from Toshiba today after mailing the paperwork on 7.24, they also swapped out my "U2" choice with "Blazing saddles".
.:frowning:

mitch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mitchell Miles
Great news all! I finally received my five free DVD's after about nine weeks.

This certainly restores my faith in Toshiba!

Mitch

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruavain
Recent bookmarks