Toshiba has the worst customer service

Discussion in 'Displays' started by John-Miles, Mar 16, 2006.

1. John-Miles

John-Miles Screenwriter

after my 1 year old tv spent almost 3 months total in the repair shop (just over a month the first time and a month and a half the second) I got my tv back, it still dosent work.

the tv still will not turn on consisently and i ahve been fighting with toshiba now for the last month to get this resolved.

the only offer theya re willing to make is to either replace my tv with a new one, leaving me out of luck for the extended warranty i purchased on my tv.

or they will keep attempting to fix my tv. after 2.5 months of inneffective repairs the problems still are not solved the repair bill is will over 3000 dollars total and the picture quality is at its lowest point ever.

I for one will never purchase toshiba again. their solution of giving me a new tv without an extended warranty leaves me in a much worse situation than i would have been if they could have jsut made a product that worked or fixed a defective product.

If you are not aware the 44NHM84 tv seems to be plauged with a problem of not turning on. i did a few quick internet searches and found dozens of people with the same problem i ahve had, as well as numerous PQ issues. this tv is crap, and toshiba's customer service is even worse. they were unable to fix my tv so now they want me to just take a new one and go buy ANOTHER extended warranty out of my own pocket.

I am completly beyond upset now and i want to make sure as many people as possible know about this, i have enver seen such a wretched display of corporate ignorance. and the fact that they said to me that i have to be reasonable and meet them somewhere int he middle is totally insane since i am the only one making compromises. im the one who had no tv for 2.5 months and im the one who is losing an extended warranty. and what am i getting, the same damn thing i had to begin with except this one MIGHT work

2. Keith_R

Keith_R Screenwriter

Kyle
    I agree with you. Last May I purchased a Toshiba 30HF85 hidef tube for the bedroom. Out of the box the television had severe convergence problems and some slight geometry problems. After some thinking I decided to send it in for repair under warranty.

The shop had the Tv for 2 months, and when it came back the convergence was fixed but the geometry had gotten worse and everything bowed horizontally. I think from my research that this was the byproduct of doing a convergence fix with the wrong grid. In the end I decided to just leave it be because if it went back to the shop they would probably just screw it up worse than they did already.

I feel for you, your problem sounds worse than mine. I will probably not be purchasing another Toshiba product after this. Let us know how it turns out for you.

3. orestes

orestes Second Unit

John

Where did you get the extended warranty from? Usually the extended warranty overlaps the manufacturer warranty. Thus, if I buy a new TV set, and get an extended warranty, say from CC, and something goes wrong with the unit, then CC should repair the unit.

By the way, I own a Toshiba HDTV, and I had it for more than 5 years, and I have yet to experience any problems with it. Actually I think that in a couple of year (possibly by the end of 2007), I will replace my Toshiba with an SED Toshiba flat screen.

I almost forgot to tell you that when I bought my Toshiba from the Goodguys here in California, I got an extended warranty with some extended home service for 4 years, and during that time I asked the GG to come and service the unit. There was nothing wrong with the unit, but in both case the tech person took off the from screen, and did some inside cleaning on the lenses since my unit is a HD RPTV. Then he adjusted the convergence for all the sreens formats. The warranty would have given me the option to loan another unit if this unit had had any problems that could not have been fixed at home. I always thought that it was a very good extended warranty. When I buy my next set, I will be looking for a warranty that offers me these services. So I probably will buy it at a store near me.

Anyway, I suggest that you take your unit to whomever sold you the extended warranty, and tell them to fix it. They should honor that "extended warranty".

Good luck!

Regards,
    orestes

4. John-Miles

John-Miles Screenwriter

Well the unfortunate part is i moved from Newfoundland to Calgary last year, so i cant take the tv back to the store i bought it. After doing some more searching i now know the problems i have with my tv are not at all uncommon.

It is very unfortunate that Toshiba when unable to repair their own product wont even adequately compensate their customer by returning them to the same situation they ahd previously.

as for the extended warranty i have it is not an overlapping one, it dosent begin until the manufacturers warranty ends. I am currently in contact with the 3rd party warranty company trying to get the warranty transferred over.

Bottom line is though if a company makes a defective product and cant repair it in 2.5 months with 2 trips to the service shop, and they look at you and say we will give you a new tv now go buy another warranty cause thats not our problem, or let us try to repair the tv a few more times...... well that company dosent know the meaning of customer service.

They have lost me as a customer, and i know dozens of people who will never buy toshiba in light of what has happened to me. I guess we can just hope that eventually they learn their lesson.

5. Shane Harg

Shane Harg Second Unit

There are a couple of other guys having problems with their Toshiba DVD players over on another thread. Wow, I guess we all know what brand to avoid. I personally have never been a big Toshiba fan. They don't even hold a very high standing, here, in their own country, for cryin' out loud!